Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No, not the green cars.

What's the weirdest combination you've seen that was graphed from several bodies and or styles?

My favorite was one we have locally which was an early Falcon based Ranchero, the guy put an early Mustang front clip and worked the body lines out to look factory. He also changed the tail lights to Mustang.
This thing really did look like a factory built Mustang Ranchero.

·
Certified Lead Foot
518 Posts
There was a corvair running around Houston that had a body made of WOOD. It looked like a rolling floor. It was shown every thanksgiving during the autorama in the astro dome.

·
A Half Crippled Old SOB....
807 Posts
here's a PICTURE of a true oddball car i took at the Color Run in Quincy, IL a few yrs back. this GUY truely started w/the TREES to make his car, andddddd while in near Sacramento i saw a car like THIS that was cut up & put on a 4x4 truck frame & made into a tow truck, funny thing about it was the old guy & lady that was in it, cause u could tell by looking at them that the old guy had to of made it yearsssssssssssssss ago...joe

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hybrids

A 65-66 Pontiac El Camino that was done locally and looked like it came from GM that way, and a Studemino over in South Dakota, bullet nose front end on a late El Camino , Stude rear fenders, looked pretty good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This car was at a recent swap meet.

I beleive it was a 78 ElCamino with a Stude front. Was pretty well put together too.

This pic was borrowed form a thread on Ozrodders so I dont have any more pics of this car.

Craig

·
Registered
5,098 Posts
I saw a pic in a rod magazine of a 1986 T-bird with the front and rear from a '53 or so Studebaker. Looked real good.

I saw another article about a Fairmont Futura with a mid-size LTD front clip. A better idea Ford missed out on.

·
Banned
5 Posts
Wow, I really don't like that silver Mustang and Shelby mix. I love both cars, but they do not mix well to my liking. I guess it's not that unusual because I've had people tell me they've seen one and weren't that amused, but I once saw a VW Bug on a K-5 Blazer 4x4 frame that was interesting. Oh, and I also saw a 1998 Dodge Neon on a Dodge Dakota chassis with a 550hp 360ci that was pretty neat. I guess those are the only hybrids that I've seen in person to my knowledge.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
TooMany2count said:
here's a PICTURE of a true oddball car i took at the Color Run in Quincy, IL a few yrs back. this GUY truely started w/the TREES to make his car, andddddd while in near Sacramento i saw a car like THIS that was cut up & put on a 4x4 truck frame & made into a tow truck, funny thing about it was the old guy & lady that was in it, cause u could tell by looking at them that the old guy had to of made it yearsssssssssssssss ago...joe
The picture link is block here for content and the tow truck looks like a very nice 56 olds.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts