Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the lower controll arm... OUCH 30-40kph

Lower Controll arm: 319.35
Sterring Knucle Bearing:249:45
Cv boot: 50.00
NEW aluminum rim: 419.99 (***?) Rip off

New hub: 350.00
New Bearings: 222.75

For a curb... no i dont think so im now getting the aluminum rim but 1900.00 work of work for a little bum.... Saturn Quality......HA

this is my girl friends 2004 Saturn Ion Quad Coupe... from gary moe saturn izuzu

Attachments

·
Banned
431 Posts
i wouldn't own one of those pieces of crap.
have you ever seen one in a wreak?
sure a shopping cart will bounce off, but when something with a little more mass hits it, the damn thing just shatters like a piece of glass.
plus just like any of the newer model American cars, its a piece of crap right off the show room floor......... American trucks are good though :thumbup:

flame away

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,812 Posts
My girls sister rolled hers down a embankment twice. Then she drove it the rest of the way home(about 50 miles). It broke the mirror, that's it. Seems strong to me.

·
or Jeff, or Doc, or...
989 Posts
Here's an example Aaron-

Last winter, a buddies wife was sitting at a stop light. A volvo hit her head on at 45mph.(My brother-inlaw watched the whole thing!) She was in a 04 Cavalier. The car was totalled. (No kidding...) She, and her 2 daughters walked away unscathed. The driver of the Volvo had some head injuries. Probably would have been worse, if he WASN'T drinking. I just bought one as a "back up" for my wife. Those cars are cheap. Runs about $9,600.00 with rebates. I know 3 people that have them and love them. 35mpg, how do you go wrong. Anyways, those crumple zone disposable cars DID THEIR JOB. They are designed to take the impact, so YOU don't have to! I'll take a high repair bill anytime over taking the physical hit. I'm too old for that stuff...

Jeff

·
Banned
431 Posts
Beenaway2long said:
Here's an example Aaron-

Last winter, a buddies wife was sitting at a stop light. A volvo hit her head on at 45mph.(My brother-inlaw watched the whole thing!) She was in a 04 Cavalier. The car was totalled. (No kidding...) She, and her 2 daughters walked away unscathed. The driver of the Volvo had some head injuries. Probably would have been worse, if he WASN'T drinking. I just bought one as a "back up" for my wife. Those cars are cheap. Runs about $9,600.00 with rebates. I know 3 people that have them and love them. 35mpg, how do you go wrong. Anyways, those crumple zone disposable cars DID THEIR JOB. They are designed to take the impact, so YOU don't have to! I'll take a high repair bill anytime over taking the physical hit. I'm too old for that stuff...

Jeff
ok you got me. they are meant to crumple so you don't have to, but they are still junk, lol, j/k :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.