Hot Rod Forum banner

41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
How old is the Street Beast company.

There is currently a press release on the Street Beasts website congratulating "Sally Russell, Customer Service Manager at StreetBeasts, celebrates 22 years with the company"! She must have been around when the company was still called Classic Motor Carriages. Press release could be contrued as an admission that Street Beast and CMC are the same company under different names.

·
Registered
0 Posts
re lawsuit

Only if I knew what a slimeball George Levin is I would have never "tried" to purchase a kit car from these ***holes... :spank: I am still waiting to recieve my 66 coupe (I should have recieved it in Oct...) from them and they have never made an attempt to phone me with the status of my car. These people are soooo ridiculously UNPROFESSIONAL!!! Many messages left and no response back... does anyone know if they are going to go bankrupt or any sites I could research this matter further? :smash:

·
Rod...from a Chrysler?
4,922 Posts
How could they go bankrupt when they keep bringing in more money than they ship out?

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,854 Posts
Does anyone have a good bio on Levin? this guy didn't make all his money ripping people off with kit cars, Street Beast is a drop in the bucket. Interesting stuff, I'd like to read more.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am still waiting to recieve my 66 coupe (I should have recieved it in Oct...) from them and they have never made an attempt to phone me with the status of my car.
darkassassin,

Sorry to hear that you are having problems! I was VERY interested in the '66 Coupe a few months back, but the multitude of SB horror stories scared me off.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope that it shows up. When and if it does, I would be very interested in hearing your opion of the kit. I believe that everyone's opinion of SB as a company is pretty well set. :pain: :pain: :pain:

texastomeh

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,328 Posts
t-big said:
There is currently a press release on the Street Beasts website congratulating "Sally Russell, Customer Service Manager at StreetBeasts, celebrates 22 years with the company"! She must have been around when the company was still called Classic Motor Carriages. Press release could be contrued as an admission that Street Beast and CMC are the same company under different names.

Stuff like that cracks me up. How friggin stupid is that!

Brian

·
Registered
0 Posts
Class Motor Carriages

I bought a CMC cobra kit in in 1992 they said I would get it in 6 to 8 weeks a year later I had still not received anything.

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Too bad there's not a lawyer on this site to take the case pro bono.
It's a good way to get your name out there with a high profile case against con's like him. :D

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
dinger said:
Does anyone have a good bio on Levin? this guy didn't make all his money ripping people off with kit cars, Street Beast is a drop in the bucket. Interesting stuff, I'd like to read more.
Partners' income strategy and Rothstein's returns The allegations are: George Levin was the general partner (“GP”) who solicited each limited partner (“LP”)to contribute at least $1 million. Initially, each LP contributed $250,000, subject to periodic capital calls up to the amount of their commitments. They were promised 12% annually (15 % for first $100 million), to be paid quarterly. The general partner had to maintain a balance of not less than 10% of all contributions after any quarterly distributions. The general partner also gave a “clawback” guaranty to all LP’s equal to their original contributions. LP’s could not request redemptions during an initial one-year “lock-up” period and were required to give 90 days’ notice for any withdrawals. Redemptions would be paid from the GP’s own capital account “to the extent available” with a 10% hold-back, but otherwise, only from the purchased lawsuits settlement stream
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_W._Rothstein

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where are they now

Wondering if anyone has had any luck contacting StreetBeasts lately? Can't seem to get anyone to answer the phones (tried all 4 numbers I have including direct lines) and left lots of messages but not response. Looking for someone who may know the fate. I'm waiting on a wiring harness for my '34 coupe from them.

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
65galaxie said:
Wondering if anyone has had any luck contacting StreetBeasts lately? Can't seem to get anyone to answer the phones (tried all 4 numbers I have including direct lines) and left lots of messages but not response. Looking for someone who may know the fate. I'm waiting on a wiring harness for my '34 coupe from them.
Good luck :(

Vince

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
65galaxie said:

Good luck!!
You might want to try an alternate source like AAW or Painless and chalk the extra costs up to bad luck. Read some of the posts here if you want a sorry story of pain and agony with those folks.

Dave W

·
Registered
0 Posts
Just passing by on the Internet and found your story. Made a donation
and good luck fighting those crooks.

Jav

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ggl

Jon I think I'd give that Peter from the paper a call and let him know about all of the problems posted on here.

41 - 60 of 125 Posts