Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after a few days of yelling at the dealership and finally having a lawyer talk to them...they told me to bring my car in to have them look at it. I did and they told me that I would be getting my money back on the Catera. They would keep the car obviously, but I will at least get all my money back + the money for the tow + the money it took to rent a car for the past week + a rental car until I find another car (up to two weeks).
I loved the Catera...I wish I didn't need to find a new one, but at least I am coming out on top in this situation.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
That's pretty good, they could've just told you to screw you and you'd be stuck with the car, so what kind of car you gettin now?:mwink:

P.S: isnt you nova street legal? In your journal it looks pretty good....

Mike

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know what kind I am going to get...maybe another Catera.

Yes, the nova would be street legal....if it had a motor, trans, tires...all the body panels in place...ya know...that sort of thing. PLUS...I've learned to never ever ever drive a car that you love in the winter here in the twin cities...they salt the streets up the wazoo. :(

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
awsome kid, im glad they are taking care of it for you. how come they are keeping it? is the engine toast?:thumbup:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I guess it basically needs a new top end...

Not really sure why they are keeping it...They just told me that I would be getting my money back + all the other things...I guess I don't really have a use for it. I am not about to spend that much money to fix a car that I have only had for a couple weeks.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Good deal.I am glad your experience turned out for the best.Also good thing it happened as soon as it did.If it would have been a little longer,they may have said tough.

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Alright, way to go bringing in the lawyer.

What are you going to look for next? Since you offed it I can say this, Cateras don't have a great record. I would look for something else this time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts