Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching for an answer to my question on the archives, but a lot of it is out of my league or price range...so if you would be so kind as to put up with some bad jokes and stupid questions, I would appreciate it. So here is the situation:

The back side U- bolt of my left upper control arm apparently rattled the nuts off and the damned control arm has half fallen off. It was steering really sloppy and I was only going about 25mph when I hit a dip in the road, heard a *kthunk*, and pulled over. I looked under the truck and the left upper a-arm is supported only by the front u-bolt and the back u-bolt is, well, no longer a "u". Some of you may remember that I had to have this same side's ball joint done this summer. So my question is what other damage could have been done here? Should I just replace the control arm altogether now? On both sides? What about the lowers? Are used even remotely a good idea, and if not, where can I get new? And how much of a pain in the arse is this going to be since I don't have a garage, there is a foot of snow on the ground and the temperature is supposed have HIGH's of 20 BELOW ZERO this week?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.