Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I always wonder; What is the line of thinking when you pick a username that is derived from your present ride? Do you realize there is a real big chance the name may outlive your ownership of the car? What then? Do you just kind of embarassedly fade out and come back named after your new ride? Spend the rest of your existance on the board going by 73pacer when you now own a Shelby Cobra?
It kind of seems like having your exgirlfiends name tatooed on your forearm. And maybe a fat ugly girlfiend at that.

·
Administrator
18,636 Posts
willowbilly3.....??

What's with that? You had a willow tree in your yard.?....lol

also, willowbilly......3?. Does that mean there are 2 more?

Me, I've had my Pontiac since 1989...If I sell it, I will just have to kill myself.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,460 Posts
willowbilly3 said:
This is something I always wonder; What is the line of thinking when you pick a username that is derived from your present ride? Do you realize there is a real big chance the name may outlive your ownership of the car? What then? Do you just kind of embarassedly fade out and come back named after your new ride? Spend the rest of your existance on the board going by 73pacer when you now own a Shelby Cobra?
It kind of seems like having your exgirlfiends name tatooed on your forearm. And maybe a fat ugly girlfiend at that.

LOL. I have thought the same thing. I use MARTINSR on every board I visit, home repair, what ever, always "makes sense" as much as any other goofy "Handle".

By the way, when I first got on line I was a paint rep for Martin Senour, but my last name is also Martin so MartinSr seemed right, and still does.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I use the same name almost everywhere too, including ebay. I chose it because two of my best friends and I jokingly started calling ourselves Willowbillys as we lived in Willow Alaska. We had hats made and eventually there was about 15 or 20 Willowbillys and one Wilowbillyette. Of the original three one of us one is dead and the other two of us moved away but the name was kind of in rememberance of our little "social" club. While on a search for lost snowmobilers we had started calling our selves the regulators before we were Willowbillys.

·
Start those projects someday
556 Posts
I have reduced my fleet of vehicles down to 31 now, but I will always have 2 many toys. That doesnt even include my yard tractors, RC cars, models, power tools, chain saws, lic plate collection, welders, engines, transmissions, ect... and lots of other cool "guy stuff".

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
poncho62 said:
willowbilly3.....??

What's with that? You had a willow tree in your yard.?....lol

also, willowbilly......3?. Does that mean there are 2 more?

Me, I've had my Pontiac since 1989...If I sell it, I will just have to kill myself.
I've owned my 72 F-250 since 1985 but I never thought of naming myself after it. lol
And yes I do have a willow tree right out the kitchen window, but it has nothing to do with my handle. And yes, there were three of us. Actually, if I had it all to over again I would just use my real name.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Always wanted a flattie powered 32...easy huh?

I'm DarkMonster on a couple of bike forums, as I ride a Ducati Monster Dark....

And I'm A63Wagon on the Valiant forums!!

Dave

·
Registered
109 Posts
What's in a name?

I picked mine the easy, cop-out way. I figured that I would just go by the car. I'll never get rid of the it, either. Sure, it may have 2 or 3 different chassis under it and a replacement Gibbons or Wescott's body down the line, but it will be the same car!

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
I chose mine to help me remember my name.I even have it set to automatically log me on in case I was to forget.I must forget it easily.My wife yells "Ronnie" all the time and I have no idea who she is yelling at.I really forget when she puts my middle name in there with it!!!!! I did not think about using my email name which is cool I am YTC the pimp(****** C,in case that got past anyone),drove a baby blue 79 Lincoln Towne Coupe in mint shape for a few years and started calling myself that at work.The uniform company even put YTC on my name patch.Where I work now,they will not do it for me.

·
Gone fishin'
666 Posts
My name is just as it is wakeborder. Since I love wakeboarding so much I figured why not make a name of it! But the numbers 7387 are the years that Chevy made the style of trucks that mine is. And beleive me, I wouldn't get rid of it for nothing because I grew up with it and my dad bought it brand new in 1986 and Its my first car when I turned 16. Someday I might buy a new truck but I'll always have this one for fun.

·
stuff'n things'n whatnot
356 Posts
My name is scott, I like thunderbirds, I own a thunderbird, I have owned a few thunderbirds, and I plan on always owning a thunderbird. That is why my 'handle' is tbirdscott besides its easier than typing t-bird_guy which was what I used 'back in the day' tbirdscott is also what I use on almost every other board I visit, I have also just used t-bird eight times now :D

·
Running on empty
211 Posts
I' m gonna roc till I'm a 100:thumbup:

Just like Beenaway, I got out of cars about 20 years ago and now I'm back. When I was building my truck this young kid kept stopping by asking questions about how I was doing this or that, then when I got the IROC for the engine, he just came out with" your going to have an IROC 100", thought that it sounded like a good name for the truck, so I told him that I was going to put it on the truck, he thought that it was neat that I was going to use it, so now when ever he sees me that what he calls me. So I thought I would use it here, besides it's better than what alot of other people call me:D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had really hoped to hear from folks who used their make of car for a username. So far only one didcated soul.
844 pages of users with 30 per page= 25320 users. There must be at least a couple more with car names.

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
I used 38 special because of my 38 DeSoto It was special that I got it. I always said after seeing freinds go through midlife crisses and leave their wives for younger models or female freinds go for a guy with more money, that if I ever had a midlife crisses I'd get me an old car. Why ditch the wife, she's great! (26 yrs together- 28 and 1/2 if you count dating) All the family had at one time or another helped me with the 38. I may get another car but the old 38 will never leave my possesion.She's my second wife. :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.