Hot Rod Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Good point IC there are times and frames like a 32 when its exposed that keeping intact, is the only way. either way you should try your best to make it look like the factory made it. If they could have back then,but on the other hand there are those that might shoot you on site for not running a straight axel no matter how beautiful it looks or handles(H,A.M.B.)comes to mind :D :D

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
deadbodyman said:
Good point IC there are times and frames like a 32 when its exposed that keeping intact, is the only way. either way you should try your best to make it look like the factory made it. If they could have back then,but on the other hand there are those that might shoot you on site for not running a straight axel no matter how beautiful it looks or handles(H,A.M.B.)comes to mind :D :D
...obviously I don't spend much time on H.A.M.B. based on my second photo posted above :nono: :thumbup: :thumbup: .

·
Die standin' up
413 Posts
i used an s10 frame on my 63 nova wagon.shortened it 11 in. it still needs mods. i mite junk it and build one.the s10 frame is ok but i do think a home made one would be easier in the long ron.

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Irelands child said:
...obviously I don't spend much time on H.A.M.B. based on my second photo posted above :nono: :thumbup: :thumbup: .
LOL,obviously,So youve been There? Thats where I learnd the phrase "traditioal hotrod" kind of a contradiction in terms since a hotrod is a car built with updated parts and what the owner wants in a car(a reflection of the owner)"old style hotrods is more like it"which I also like.Really I like em all.... :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2 Posts
S-10 frame for 37 pick up

I bought a 92 S-10 and was going to do the same thing - I have a 37 panel.. However, the wheel base is rouhgly 5-6 inches shorter than the S-10 and the chassis front end on the S-10 interferes with the 37 body parts. What I ended up doing was stripping the motor, transmission, wiring, fuel tank and other misc... items and used them.

The fuel tank turned sideways in the rear of 37 frame and made brackets. Wiring extended 2-3 feet in the rear to wire light.
Shortened steering column.
Used power brake booster... etc...

Saved me money

21 - 25 of 25 Posts