Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, i'm new here and looking for an answer to a question i have. I came into possesion of a new set of pistons in a parts lot deal i bought. They are JE forged Dome aluminum pistons for a 350 block bored .60 over, stock stroke crank and for use with a 6 inch rod. The compression ratio for these with a 64 cc head is 13.0 and 12.0 with a 70cc head. Obviously that is way too much for anything that runs on pump gas. My question is can these pistons be used with a 5.7 rod to reduce compression? If so what would it drop the compression ratio to? I have a stock bore 350 4 bolt main block in the garage i would like to use these in if i can get the compression ratio down to the 9.5 to 10.5 range. I know if it ends up being around 10.5 i would need to use aluminum heads, and that's ok. So what do you guys think? Is it possible? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, Aaron

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
I don`t think it would work too good, as the distance between the 6 inch rod and 5.703 rod is .297, the piston would be way down in the bore due to the reduced compression height of the piston. If your looking for some basic street machine pistons, the speed pro hyper pistons are pretty good, you could sell the pistons you have and still be money ahead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank's for the quick answers guys. It looks like i have a really nice pistons for sale then . Aaron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts