Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Wildcard Customs
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A gentleman brought a badly damaged 98 dodge viper to my shop for repair. The hood was wrecked, the body noticeably out of true, and all of the driveline but the V10 trashed. I told him it was barely worth parts. He signed the title over immediately and left. I took what I could and junked the rest. My idea is to drop the engine in an older camaro that has a custom frame and suspension. Transmission will be a built T56. The problem is...will it, along with a twin turbo set up fit in the bay of a 92 camaro?

·
Wildcard Customs
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
While I do agree with that, I have the issue of being constrained by a budget of $5000 to finish this car. The engine fell into my lap, so I would like to figure this out. It will definitely be one bad camaro however.

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
very bad Camaro,lol.
I was offered a free Maserati V-12. even for free I saw no use for it.It would cost more than I was willing to spend to put it in something I didnt have.I know the transmission is an easy swap but that was it.What would it look good in,maybe a rod or low boy,hope it landed in a hotrod,,,

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Sell it at a decent price and take the money to build a bad *****$$ car. Ya do know horse trading is apart of hot rodding.Humm a nice turbo LSx would do the job.

·
Banned
2,440 Posts
what i do not like is , it seems you took advantage of this guy and his viper. As you told him it was barely worth parts. But you got a $15,000 V10.

·
Wildcard Customs
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car was that bad. From he said, he'd already had a lot of trouble with the car. Several problems with the drivetrain after buying it from the original owner. Apparently that's what caused the accident. He asked what I meant by barely worth parts. I told him that the engine was where his main payday would come from. The interior pristine and the trans. Rear axle was torn up and bent. I did ask him if he'd like the good parts and he said no, not worth the hassle. I did offer him 15,500 for the car. He said a wrecked car wasn't worth it. Asked me for 9000. I feel bad cuz the engine only has 58000 on the clock. On another topic. Everyone does an LS swap. How many V10 Camaros do you see?

·
Wildcard Customs
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do know what a viper is worth, and how much it costs to buy the engine. I made an offer at what seemed to the value of the engine. I do not cheat or swindle. I deal as straight up as I can

·
Registered
12,338 Posts
Ive seen a dodge 383 in a 77 Camaro/sbc in a 914/3.8 GM in an Elan,289 inan Austin Healey,to name a few.
I dont really like the sound of the V-10.
Put it in a Camaro,,,

·
Registered
177 Posts
V10 engine swap.

There is a 81 Dodge with a reengine using a V-10 with a twin turbo setup. He also uses a after market injection system and it is a good running street truck that can answer if it becomes time to put the pedal to the metal.
Normbc9

1 - 10 of 10 Posts