Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,:welcome:
im trying to find a chassis design to build to put a V8 engine in a bug at the front not the back,
can somebody please tell me where i can buy a chassis plan from as nobody seems to have one in the uk unless im blind lol.
thanks

louis

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
bug frame

many yrs ago i was helping a friend open a bone yrd... and was looking at a bug to v8... i don't recall the year but the s10 or small blazer frames were the same wheel base... and they make kits to v8 them too.... worth looking into... now i'm talking 30 yrs ago too....

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Yup us ole guys would think of a small pickup frame like a Toyota or something..At least I would..of course now these younger guys now have cad systems and can draw up a frame from scratch..

Sam

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
Theres a really talented young guy on HR.com who was messing with a V8 Bug, along with homebuilt hovercraft. I can't seem to get the search window to work right. Someone help me out?

·
V8 Beetle & Hovercrafts
221 Posts
Thanks Tom you got to it before I could.

Unfortunately I've been too busy in the last month or so to get much work done, hopefully I'll get back at it soon!

I'm building a 69 convertible 350 chevy powered beetle. I sliced the car in half to widen it instead of widening the fenders like most do, shortened and lowered an s10 chassis for the car, etc.

Like time said my V8 Beetle site is:
V8 VW Beetle Resource- Follow our Hot Rod Beetle Build and Plan Yours

and my hovercraft website is:
Zach Bell’s Creations - Hovercrafts, Woodworking, V8 Beetles, and more!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.