Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can i makie it put out 300hp. I just want to beat my cousin he has a 350 chevy caprice. With a 270 cam eldebrock intake holley 600 carb doubled hump heads. 350 trans shift kit. i have a stock V8 5.7 vortec with a elderbrock intake, 600 holley 6a msd and 700r4 trans. thanks for your help. i want it to be a street car.

·
Registered
140 Posts
with the transmission you have now that might be the problem. have you tried running it shifting it manually. i found that in my truck with a 305 it would haul *** only if i shifted manually because it shifted too soon otherwise and i was losing power. then there is always increasing cam size and adding a stall convertor but then again i would just change the tranny over to a th350 or th400. with everything you have on your engine it shouldnt be too far away from 300.

·
http://teamrfc.gospelcom.net
1,742 Posts
I dont know what the weight difference is in the two cars, but a comp xe268h cam and a performer RPM intake would make a good 350 hp. The vortec heads are a superior design to the double humps. Seeing as how you already have the intake, you are on your way. A set of heddman 1 5/8 " headers are also a cheap idea. Also, since you have an overdrive tranny, I would throw a set of 4.10 gears in it.

Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.