Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I need a vacuum pump for my s10 because I just dont have enough vacuum for the booster even with a vacuum can. My 350 has a cam that really does not produce any vaccum. I have tried my own way thus far I went to the salvage yard and got a vacuum pump out of a caddy and hooked it up put it only can produce about 8inchs and I really think I need about 12 as a min just to make the booster to work. Oh and on its own the motor is only produceing about 10 inches at normal rpms and of course I can get about 20 in the can if I rev to 5000 rpms but cant do that everytime I need to use the brakes. I have priced aftermarket pumps for what I need and there very costly. Here is my question? An air compresser and a vacuum pump do the same thing dont they? They both pull air and one stores it and the other just releases it. My thought is taking a 12v air compresser and pluming the peice that sucks air into the vacuum can. Make sense to anyone. will it work or has anyone tried before?

justspeed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.