Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 mustang has a vibration at 40 MPH.The RPM's can change and the vibration still occurs,it is not always evident though.T-5 trans,with the windows rolled up,you can hear the E-brake mechanism rattle,also hear the console.Any trans guys got a clue?Tried taking off in third to load trans,could not get vibration.Again the vibration is not always there.Thanx

·
Registered
9 Posts
It sounds like you may have a tire out of balance, are you feeling vibrations in steering wheel or in your butt(seat) . If you are getting it in one or the other,It is probably a tire out of balance or broken belt in tire. If both places, it could be a prob with your t-5.

·
Registered
81 Posts
YES, I know what that is. I had that happen to my 89 gt cobra.
I would be doing about 130 kph and i would get this vibration.. I would punch through it and hit 140 and it would completly go away. I needed a wheel alignment, One of my tires was low and one of my tranny mounts was a little loose. You will always get a little bit of vibration from undercarage tho. Also, I replaced my stock motor mounts with high energy absorbing mounts which made a big difference on rattles and vibration in the car while speeding along.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.will pass it along.The tranny mount would be a good cause since we just installed it a few days before I posted.The shake just started so we can almost rule out the tires...but he could have hit a large pothole sometimes after install.Thanx again

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Found the prob several weeks ago,just did not think to inform you all what it was.Thanx again for the clues.Here goes,my brother put the driveshaft in and after telling him a few of the ideas that were discussed he climbs under the car.The bolts holding his driveshaft to the rear were loose,two were loose enough to remove by fingers!!!It did not do any damage and we hammered on it trying to find out the cause.The bolt holes were fine with no warping or destruction of threads.He has someone with him whether he wants to admit it or not!Once again guys thanx for your input-Ron-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts