Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! My name is Matt. I'm actually trying to help my brother with a little dilema with his 80 Z28. Apparently to get it registered in CT there needs to be 2 matchin VIN #'s. Only 1 (on the dash) and 1 on the engine were found but they do not match. Does anyone know where any other VIN's might be stamped or tagged? I think I read somewhere earlier that a VIN is on the transmission. Is that true? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You should be able to find the VIN on the driver's door (or inside the sill by the latch), inside the glove box or console on the lid, and inside the trunk lid. You may find one on the underside of the hood as well. If they aren't there, I don't knwo where else to look. I've sene them on the inside of original body panels, but you have to take the car apart to get the those. I believe the idea was to help thwart car thieves/chop shops with that one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VIN Location

Hey Thanks very much for the reply! I'll be checking it out very soon. My brother is parking his Z28 in my garage and were going to check it out. I suspect that the DMV did not do a very thourough job. Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts