Hot Rod Forum banner

Vintage air Gen ll issue

177 4
I just installed a Vintage Air Gen ll heater /defrost. The fan works great but the defrost/heat selector and the heat control servo don’t work. I’ve checked the ground wire and using voltmeter at the plugs I do get low voltage readings. I also made sure the servo is installed in the right direction. Anyone have any ideas ?
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just installed a Vintage Air Gen ll heater /defrost. The fan works great but the defrost/heat selector and the heat control servo don’t work. I’ve checked the ground wire and using voltmeter at the plugs I do get low voltage readings. I also made sure the servo is installed in the right direction. Anyone have any ideas ?
I also just noticed that the heater hose from the water pump gets hot and the one from the intake manifold is cold. Vintage shows coolant flow from the manifold hose going to the heater control valve , to the heater , then back to the water pump.

· Registered
181 Posts
I also just noticed that the heater hose from the water pump gets hot and the one from the intake manifold is cold. Vintage shows coolant flow from the manifold hose going to the heater control valve , to the heater , then back to the water pump.
That is the correct flow path. Also, there is an arrow on the heater control valve to indicate direction of flow. Flow from manifold to heater valve and then back to water pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts