Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Holy cow! look what I stumbled on yesterday. I'm thinking 49-50 ford. from what I could see, with out touching it, It's all original. A buddy of mine and I were cruising around some back roads looking for a short cut to a lake. Don't know the owner of the barn or anything else, but this is how you can find stuff that's still out there. For a small finder's fee I could probably get info on the owner's name to make contact for a decent offer. SQZBOX :D
It's got a v8 and 3 on the tree!

Attachments

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
That grill bar has reallly got me puzzled - - - I don't remember the 2 bullet nosed bar but I could be mistaken??????

You said it had a V8 - - was that just guessing because of the dual exhaust or did you pop the hood??? - - - it could very well be a Flattie, I think???? Or even a Flat Sixer with a split manifold????

Nevertheless, some nice Vintage Iron :cool:
We have tons of that stuff down here in East Texas :D

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention the 4 door's.
As far as the V8 thing, it has a V8 emblem on the side of it, look hard at the pic. I kept my hands behind my back while looking at it just in case some bearded, gap toothed red neck was hiding in the bushes with a muzzle loader!
Figured I had already trespassed just standing by it next to the road. :nono:

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
wretched ratchet said:
That grill bar has reallly got me puzzled - - - I don't remember the 2 bullet nosed bar but I could be mistaken??????

You said it had a V8 - - was that just guessing because of the dual exhaust or did you pop the hood??? - - - it could very well be a Flattie, I think???? Or even a Flat Sixer with a split manifold????

1951 had the two bullet nose.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
wretched ratchet said:

I'm thinking maybe Canadian? It seems like I have seen a grill bar like that but can't remember where. After searching google for an hour I give up. The flat disk hubcaps kind of say someone built this car for fun, maybe like an old moonshine car.

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
sqzbox said:
It's has a V8 badge on the side. What do you think, 292? Don't think it's old enough for a flat head. :confused:
If it is original it would be a flat head. OHV V8s didn't show up in Fords until 1954. 292s were not made until 1955 or 56, I cannot quite remember off the top of my head.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.