Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Vegas in January? You've got to be kidding.... If you're from Hawaii, you'de better buy a better coat if you're planning a Vegas trip. This time of year, Nevada is like a big high-rent deep freeze. The little Woman is leaving for Vegas with friends on the 18th for three days. I hope she has as much fun as I will here in Puddle City, camped out in the shop by my gas stove with the ride.

She says if she hits big we can split it.That works for me:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool...

Man here in the big Island..(only been here a liltle over a year...) ITS all Billet... Personally I am a "avoid the Boyd" kind o guy... thing is.. I want to hit up that show.. but..well.. dont know anybody...

·
Deviant AMC Guy
86 Posts
Warmth is a relative term in Nevada. Vegas is having a heat wave compared to what I'm dealing with right now. it's about 22f where I'm at with more snow on the way.

·
Registered
467 Posts
22 degrees really isn't so bad if it's a dry cold. Here in town, a lot of the moisture stays in the air when the cold comes and it sinks in right down to the bone. I didn't realize there was a car show in Vegas. I guess I should check Drive magazine's show news wintertime schedule a little closer heck, I could have been convinced to go if I'd have known a car gig was going down..
Hope Ya'll have fun in Vegas!:thumbup:

·
Registered
77 Posts
now i should warn Y'all, its a rock-a-billy show.

im a proud (self-proclaimed) rock-a-billy. Love the Traditional look, feel, and beleifs. not to mention the tradtional lookin chicks!

i planned on going, but after getting fired from my old job, i dont have anyone to go with (i was gonna go with my boss). im corssing my fingers, and pray to be able to go just to look, let alone have any of my projects running to be there!

·
NEVER use credit cards!
3,111 Posts
moved there from reno in 81 to finish my last year of school at unlv. great school but i swore i would never go back to vegas again to live. to many a holes. mean people. transients. too hot in summer and actually cold in winter. too much crime. too many robberies, too many people running red lights. too many times perfect strangers would just walk up to me and swing. i've always thought the nuclear waste dump should be put in downtown vegas. as a nevada native i know how worthless gambling is and gambleholics are as bad as any tweakers. i wouldnt give you ten cents for the place. over half the girls there are whores. if i would have stayed i'd be a millionaire ten times over as i had a real estate license there in 1981. to hell with the place.

since then i now feel the same way about reno. it turned into California. nevada blows. kill all the fornicators and two thirds of the population that wasnt born there and it was alright. best place on earth in the sixties and seventies. not now, especially with over two feet of snow on the streets they cant figure out how to plow. oh my God, what a stupid place.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, It Is a LIFESTYLE SHOW.... but a lot of the traditional clubs of the SW make it...
at leat 150 cars... all with the AVOID the Boyd spirit.....

·
Beats pickin' cotton
117 Posts
It would be a neat show to go to. The whole rat rod culture is growing and those guys make it fun once again. I just hope that it doesn't turn into another snob click that if you didn't build your rat rod to certain specs... As for Reno's snow, lol yeah, they're wetting themselves trying to figure out how to clear the streets! We get a couple of dry winters and they sell off the snow plows and then once it does snow they scramble to out source plows! Real estate prices suck! There are no affordable houses here. The house that my ex and I still own has skyrocketed in price, but once we split everything we still can't buy in the same area unless we get a room mate, or worse, get married again!

·
Registered
467 Posts
bullheimer said:
I've always thought the nuclear waste dump should be put in downtown vegas. as a nevada native i know how worthless gambling is and gambleholics are as bad as any tweakers. i wouldnt give you ten cents for the place. over half the girls there are whores.... oh my God, what a stupid place.
Yup, wasn't it George Carlin or somebody that said," Americans are really stupid. They buy plane tickets and hotel rooms just to fly someplace far away, just to blow all their hard earned money."
Damn... I feel smart, I'm staying home this time:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts