Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dolphin 5" Quad gauge in my 37 Ford dash. I bought them last year and can finally put them in. My problem is that I have power to the gauges, but the Volt gauge does not move. I even ran both the Positive, and the Negative from the harness directly to the battery, and no movement to the Volt gauge. The oil gauge bumps, and the fuel goes to the top. I don't have the fuel sender hooked up yet. I want to start the engine for the first time and I would like to have a Volt gauge. I contacted dolphin gauges. I was told from them to loosen the nuts on the back of the housing.. Does that make sence?? Do you think the Volt gauge is bad??

·
Google "Tunnel Ram 406"
1,137 Posts
Volt meter gauges sometime has a resistor built into the gauge to reduce the current in the meter. It's possible it could be damaged or the coil in the meter may be defective. I would replace the gauge.

·
Registered
635 Posts
if those mounting screws/bolts are too tight, if may put pressure on the dial/needle movement, hindering needle movement. in other words,when those bolts are tight it could pull the cover/case into the back of the gauge unit.
hope this solves the problem... :sweat:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'll be darned if it didn't work.. Loosened up quite a bit though.. Enough to move the whole works just a little.. Goes right up to 12 Volts.. Thanks..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.