Votes: 2 4.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to vote in the March 2012 Hot Rod Art Contest. This month's topic was "1962 through 1972 Muscle Cars".

All entries are listed below, in alphabetical order by artist username.

Winning artist receives a $50 gift certificate to Speedway Motors, and choice of topic for April's contest.

Thanks for voting!

--------
57Corvette (1)

57Corvette (2)

57Corvette (3)

57Corvette (4)

----

brickyardboy (1)

brickyardboy (2)

----

evil dead (1)

----

JBdesign (1)

JBdesign (2)

----

Jimmy_TheHemi (1)

----

Job~Rated (1)

Job~Rated (2)

Job~Rated (3)

Job~Rated (4)

Job~Rated (5)

Job~Rated (6)

----

Kartoon (1)

Kartoon (2)

----

kgdesign (1)

----

lincoln highway jony (1)

----

StudebakerMatt (1)

StudebakerMatt (2)

StudebakerMatt (3)

----

TucsonJay (1)

TucsonJay (2)

----

VivaChas (1)

·
Rat Rod Studios
816 Posts
dgp_naples said:
How does one submit artwork for the contest?[/B]
The winner of the current contest will pick a subject for next months contest. You can submit your artwork during the month until the date the voting starts. The dates and subject for next month will be announced at the conclusion of the voting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Vote on Blown GTO.

I had a 65' GTO and could kick myself for ever getting rid of it. I went to all of the trouble to get the engine cleaned up and put it back together. It had been in an accident before I got it $300 in 71. The frame was messed up and out of alignment. So what do I do, trade it for a 67' Catallina which blew the trans after awhile. Word of advice, don't get rid for your favorite, you will regret it.
I vote JB(1). Which ever is the blown GTO.

·
Rat Rod Studios
816 Posts
Many thanks guys .....really appreciate it. It was great to see so many cool entries in March. I hope we can continue the great work this month.

One of my favorite subjects has always been the 1950's ....cool cars, the start of rock and roll and an era with great Hollywood and hot rod icons. so how about 1950's Hot Rods ....any year from the decade and any model. All styles are welcome .......

·
Registered
14 Posts
art contest

So someone please tell me more about this art contest? I am sorry i live such a busy life i do not get to get on here near as much i want. Is the first few cars (the 65 Impala the Halloween GTO and blue nova) really art work? Or is that some sort of digital thingy? If it is art, real art, done by human hands (air brush i figure) someone is flat out awesome, I good, but you are awesome.

thanks
dinosaur

·
Custom User
144 Posts
Zdaddysdinosaurs said:
So someone please tell me more about this art contest? I am sorry i live such a busy life i do not get to get on here near as much i want. Is the first few cars (the 65 Impala the Halloween GTO and blue nova) really art work? Or is that some sort of digital thingy? If it is art, real art, done by human hands (air brush i figure) someone is flat out awesome, I good, but you are awesome.

thanks
dinosaur
Dinosaur, good question.. 57corvette can answer what he does best, he has explained it to me before. Some use photo's and photoshop them, others do original work with pencils, markers etc on paper. I Do my art on the computer but it all starts with a blank screen starting with a "pencil" sketch using a tablet. Are you an artist? you going to join the contest?

·
Registered
14 Posts
art contest

I would like to enter. (if i am not so busy i fail to get back online) So you are the guy who did the red car doing a burn out with the custom grill and hideaway headlights? That's good work also. Impressive most impressive. Better than me. i do all mine with pencil both graphite and colored i work with some sharpie pens but very little.

thanks for getting back with me
Charlie

·
Rat Rod Studios
816 Posts
dinosaur

I'll answer you here instead of the PM you sent me ......this contest is open to all forms of artwork. It can be a simple penicle sketch, a painting, a photo or any medium you want. The subject for the April contest is the 1950's ....hot rods, rock stars, movie icons etc. Check out the thread to see the date your entry will have to be in by. I look forward to your participation with us.

·
Custom User
144 Posts
Zdaddysdinosaurs said:
I would like to enter. (if i am not so busy i fail to get back online) So you are the guy who did the red car doing a burn out with the custom grill and hideaway headlights? That's good work also. Impressive most impressive. Better than me. i do all mine with pencil both graphite and colored i work with some sharpie pens but very little.

thanks for getting back with me
Charlie
Yes I did the car doing a burn out. Thanks! I am a big fan of pencil sketches, sometimes these are the most creative. The good thing about this contest is you can submit as many drawings as you want.... or have time to do!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I just wanna say something about the art contest it'll challenge any form of art that you choose to do or enter. I am simply saying I enjoy the challenge every month. It's like football on any given Sunday any of us can win. We look forward to seeing your work, these guys are all not only great artist, but more than that they are great guys!!!! Cheers!

Dan,

·
Custom User
144 Posts
Kartoon said:
I just wanna say something about the art contest it'll challenge any form of art that you choose to do or enter. I am simply saying I enjoy the challenge every month. It's like football on any given Sunday any of us can win. We look forward to seeing your work, these guys are all not only great artist, but more than that they are great guys!!!! Cheers!

Dan,
Well said Dan!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wish that I had voted. The "Evil Dead" entry is by far the most talented. The sunlight and the grass are fantastic! Cannot believe no one voted for it. Maybe they thought that the artist cheated and submitted a photograph....

·
Registered
56 chev on 79 chassis, 62 LeSabre
3,126 Posts
ok, 2012? REALLY? can we just get rid of this thread or at least have a NEW Contest already? :smash:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.