Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for highschool students who dont have the money to buy brand name tools:D

Yup, just got this today at walmart for a whooping $19. At Canadian Tire or Sears I coulda paid 60-70 for a Mastercraft or Craftsman set......

Mike

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My socket set I bought there has a lifetime guarantee:thumbup:

these wrenches dont but I dont think I'll break 'em that fast anyways.

A lot of my stuff is Mastercraft like the grinder and miscenlaneous but a lot of my stuff is Wal Mar as well and both of 'em have held up just fine so far:thumbup:

Mike

·
Instagram: partsretriever
1,624 Posts
78novaman said:
Yeah....go ahead and send your money to China. Don't come crying to me when they are ruling the world.
Amen! At least somebody thinks GM is retarded for making engines and stuff (and now Cadillacs) in Communist red :evil: China. They should make their stuff here in the US again. That's where it was built when GM had 60% of US auto sales. Or was that just Chevrolet? But anyway, Craftsman makes some tools in Communist:evil: China and stuff- the lower end impact wrenches, at least.:smash:

This "global economy" is the suicide of America. John Kerry is too. Heinz has 70% of it's employees overseas or in Mexico. And Bush legalized lots and lots of illegals, and our borders (US/mexico in particular) are insecure. US/canada sees much less traffic.

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
Man, I've turned some real POS's in my time, man they've come a long ways. Seems nowadays the cheapie wrenches look like the real deal! So what if you break one or two, take twenty bucks and buy a whole new set. That's only if you can't con Wally world into giving you a new replacement set in the frist place! :thumbup:

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,859 Posts
Looking at the box ends, 4 rusty bolts and they will be smoothed, history. Dan

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Mike, If you can muster up a C-note, Home Depot has a nice box with a 64 piece Husky set included for $98+tax. I don't know if you got Home Depots up there in cold country but it's a steal for what you get. The box has a fold down front cover and ball bearing slides for the drawers.

Good deal on the wrenches you got. Everybody has to start somewhere.

Larry

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
I was reading an article somewhere couple months back, saying that Husky's tools and stuff are made by the old Crastsman company (Stanley or something, Someone else might know the company). So I took the article as saying: Husky=Old Craftsman quality product.:thumbup:

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
I buy USA-made tools.

But, I have to admit that years ago I bought a set of 8 mega-size wrenches at a garage sale that were Chinese for $2. I figured if they broke, so what. Although they're not used much, when I did use them it was usually in conjunction with my 3-pounder. Haven't broken...yet.

PS: I thought all Craftsman were made in the US. Is Bob Vila lying to us??

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
Cheap tools have their place especially in the larger size$! I still love my Snap On long wrench series, nothing feels better in the hand.:)

·
Banned
431 Posts
crazy larry said:
I was in helmart yesterday, and i noticed that they are carrying stanley gear wrenches..... still a bit pricey at $50, but cheaper than craftsman.....
i heard that one company makes all of the gear wrenches.

i have a nice set of angled Blue Point (Snap On) gear wrenches that i paid (i think) $200 for.......and they look like all of the other brands, but they sit in a cool little plastic tray, lol.

its funny....
i have about $10,000 worth of Snap-On, Matco and MAC tools, but hardly have what i need..........
but if i just would have bought Crapsman tools instead, i'd probably have just about everything they make, lol.

DAMN THE TOOL TRUCKS, lol

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
Someone has posted all the tool manufacters on here before.I know that a MATCO tool set is the same as Craftsman.You can compare the tools side by side and see the similarities.I only have Mac,MATCO,and Snap-On in my box at work,but for around the house I have several run down sets of tools from years gone by.I do have two scary tools at work that I never have used,but have let other idiots use.One is a 3/4 drive universal,and the other is a 3/4x3/8 reducer.Scary knuckle busters there!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought a Napa Rolling toolchest with a top box and side cabinet over the weekend. It was made in Canada. Only problem so far is that the wheel and handle kit were missing, other than that it appears to be very nice quality.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.