Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have Put A New Set Of 17" Tires And Wheels On My 56, But Now I Have Too Much Room Above My Front Tires. I Think It Would Look Much Better Lowered Approx. 2 Inches. Would Like To Know Cheapest Way Too Lower. I Have Heard Of Cutting Coil Springs To Lower, Is This A Good Idea, And If So How Much. Also The Back Will Need Lowering About The Same Amont, What's The Best And Cheapest Way To Lower It. I Looking To Put Power Disc Brakes On It Later On When More Money Becomes Available So This Plays A Big Part In How. Disc Brake Setup For Stock Spindles Are Much Cheaper If I Don't Have To Buy Drop Spindles.

·
Registered
181 Posts
For the front you can buy ball joint spacers, for the back use lowering blocks. If you cut the front springs keep in mind that cutting off 2" will lower the car more than 2" because the heat will remove some of the temper from the spring making it sag even more over time unless you cut it with a cutoff wheel and keep the heat controled with water. You would be better off to buy drop spindles set up for the disc brakes which you said you had planned for the future anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.