Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
OldeBuick
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I'm looking for a complete Jag IRS produced from '61 to '75. These were the 52" approximately and came with the 5 bolt Chevy 4.75" lug pattern.

Randy
(OldeBuick)

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
Jag parts

We started getting them from the self serve wrecking yards about a dozen years ago. there are less Jags out there these days. My son has a Jag irs in his 22 dodge lakester, We have a jag parts car over to the Farm house garage . My step son wants to put the Irs in an old glass T bucket we started 30 years ago, . Search Craigs list and other For sale forums. What is the project car you are planning. We were getting Ifs and Irs we pull for $ 100 to 150 depending how much Jag stuff we Wanted.

·
OldeBuick
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We started getting them from the self serve wrecking yards about a dozen years ago. there are less Jags out there these days. My son has a Jag irs in his 22 dodge lakester, We have a jag parts car over to the Farm house garage . My step son wants to put the Irs in an old glass T bucket we started 30 years ago, . Search Craigs list and other For sale forums. What is the project car you are planning. We were getting Ifs and Irs we pull for $ 100 to 150 depending how much Jag stuff we Wanted.
Tanks, it's going in a '69 Opel GT highly modified with a Buick 215 v8 that is punched to 302 cubes. It's either that or I will install a S10 3.73 posi rearend that I need to cut down to proper track. If I use the S10 it will be a triangulated 4 link setup with coilovers.

Randy

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
narrowing the Jag IRS

We presently have 4 jag Irs , 2 XJ fronts and 2 F 40 fronts in the shop for projects one of the part cars we found had in its past a chey engine swap and tubular heavy duty half shafts. Those are easy for a local drive shaft shop to narrow. The solid half shafts are a bit harder to do. XKE Irs are very expensive , and have the wire wheel hubs. Somewhere I have the info on how to move the brakes out to the wheels for easier servicing. on my Son's 22 dodge lakester we used the CCR T bucket plans for the patterns for all the Irs brackers. Jusr tack weld the upper spring mounts , install the springs and check fit before final welding. his rear spring location per the CCR plans is a little stiff with the stock XJ springs. CCR locates the spring mounts more inboard at more angle to soften the action Snow White sells a rear crossmember with adjustable spring mounts. I haven't seen any ads from Snow white for a while.

·
Registered
5,762 Posts
speedway ---snow white

A blurb popped up on speedway. web site but I didn't see any SW parts . but I don't have the latest catalog.

·
OldeBuick
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We presently have 4 jag Irs , 2 XJ fronts and 2 F 40 fronts in the shop for projects one of the part cars we found had in its past a chey engine swap and tubular heavy duty half shafts. Those are easy for a local drive shaft shop to narrow. The solid half shafts are a bit harder to do. XKE Irs are very expensive , and have the wire wheel hubs. Somewhere I have the info on how to move the brakes out to the wheels for easier servicing. on my Son's 22 dodge lakester we used the CCR T bucket plans for the patterns for all the Irs brackers. Jusr tack weld the upper spring mounts , install the springs and check fit before final welding. his rear spring location per the CCR plans is a little stiff with the stock XJ springs. CCR locates the spring mounts more inboard at more angle to soften the action Snow White sells a rear crossmember with adjustable spring mounts. I haven't seen any ads from Snow white for a while.
So you don't have any to sell, just for your own projects.

Randy

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hi Randall I have got some magazine articles with reference to Jag IRS including mounting, narrowing etc. If you would like a copy I can scan them for you cheers Paul

·
OldeBuick
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Randall I have got some magazine articles with reference to Jag IRS including mounting, narrowing etc. If you would like a copy I can scan them for you cheers Paul
That would be great but I'm not having much luck locating a unit for a reasonable price. Everything is way too wide and looking online the cost to shorten them (as well as refurbish them) is too expensive when you factor in the cost of the unit.

I guess I will just take the S10 8.5" posi 3.73 gear and get it cut down to length and mount some triangled 4 links to it. I have that laying in the back yard.

Randy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts