Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is a dead issue. But I have a 56 Fairlane that I purchased with a 302 in it (which came from an 87 5.0 mustang). It had a thousand other problems which I have since resolved. But, the issue now is that the car has no smog pump, p/s pump or a/c. It has the alt on the driver's side and the belt runs under the crank, over the water pump and over the alt and back down to the crank. I have overheat issues whenever Idling. I took it on a 3 hr highway trip with no problems. Looking at the past thread post. I know my water pump is turning the wrong direction. I bought an a/c delete, but all it was is a bracket to move the p/s pump to where the ac was, which doesn't help. I tried a 87 crown vic pump which pump the right way and would work if the timing cover didn't hit it and the flow ports matched. I tried using the original water pump plate, but the impeller grinds on it. I'm running out of options. Any ideas?Right now, I need a good fab guy. :confused: lol

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Fomoco Water Pump

If the pump you have is cast iron it is wrong, the pump you want (O'Reillys) is an aluminum pump the brand is Master part# CP4052 I have a 5.0 in my '54 and have been down that road, this part # is standard rotation.Good Luck! If for some reason this does not work send me a pm,sometimes when guys do this swap they will use an early timing cover so they have a front dipstick to go with the front sump pan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you

I ordered the part from Oreilly's It didn't fit though, I have to get a new timing cover. The bolt pattern fit but the back plate is too large. Im gonna try that and see what I can come up with . Thanks for helping though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.