Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, As I discussed a couple of weeks ago, the push through plastic mounts for my fan and trans cooler ate a hole through one of the tubes on my radiator, so I replaced it, and used brackets to mount the fan and trans cooler. I am also replacing the fan controller with one that uses a thread in sensor instead of the push in type. The only place I have left to put the sensor is into an extra port on the victor series water pump. It is the one on the side of the pump, facing the passenger side of the truck. The extra port on the supercharger manifold below the thermostat already has my water temp gauge bulb in it, and the passenger head location has the stock electric sender for the factory gauge.

Is this an okay place to put it? I figured it would be getting engine temperature coolant circulated over it all the time, since it is in the pump body. I already pulled the plug I had in this port, and it is clear behind it for the installation. Thanks for your help!

Subman

·
Registered
676 Posts
HEY SUBMAN: That sounds like a logical place to install sensor. If you can get in contact with coolant you will be in good shape. Try it and see how repeatable it is for a control point....DAVE

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like to put them in the intake manifold next to the water outlet. The electronic thermal fan switch sure makes for a neat installation...

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
Probably doesn't make any difference but I like to solder a fitting in the bottom of the radiator so it always sees water and insures the water returning to the engine is warm but not too hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts