Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I drive a 1939 Pontiac 4 dr - a Street Rod Limo!* The Poormans Rod, its semi original with some paint & a "Chrome air cleaner & rims"... its a Town Car ... with a 54 straight 8!* ( but, its alittle delicate- Original) ...& I just got 39 Pontiac Coupe to Rat out, Chop, Drop & Channel to the Bone!* & it wouln't be so Delicate, it gets a V8. ..& I am also working on a 34 Olds 4 Dr. ... looks like I'm going to put the body onto a 77 Olds Cutless Supreme, a Doner Car, ... so it may turn into a 2 & 1/2door - style...the Supreme is only 10 inches shorter that the original 4dr. ... Do U stretch the Frame or cut the Body, to match the longer body to the shorter chassis? ... & a Big Zoom To Yall!* :thumbup: Webub over & out.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Welcome to Hotrodders....I would stretch the frame. You can do this using what the truck and trailer shops call a glove ( a piece of steel bent and formed to fit inside yor frame rails).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
a Glove

Thanks for the tip Henery. Do you know any companies that would have or make a Glove. or just measure it & find a Fab. Shop...? Cheers & Happy Holidays!* ... :thumbup:

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Most of your shops that Specialize in 18 wheeler trailer repair can make a glove for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The glove

Thanks Henry, I'll go find one & leave the 34 Olds as a 4dr. Thanks Again, for the tip!* &, zoom,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts