Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think as compared to the Performer 2101 or Street Dominator ? Hood clearance is an issue . The engine is a 355 with xe-276-hr and Holley 750 . The car weighs 3000 even with gas and driver with 700R4 and 4:10 gears . Regards, Jim.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for your insight. It helps me quite a bit. I guess I need to be about about 16 or 18 to get help here :welcome: . I just thought someone might have had a little experience with these manifolds. I had a Performer RPM on my rock crawler CJ and it worked fine but I have never run a stealth manifold, Just wondered if they were OK.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
Jim,

Thanks for visiting this site. :welcome:

TOO BAD you didn't get all the free information you desired in less than 26 hrs. :rolleyes:

As you might note, most people work days, and spend time with their families on Friday night, and still like to sleep.

I'm here because my business is slow right now and I have time/ interest to pursue someone else's problems. When my grandchildren/family get here, this site is not on my mind.

Most of the old timers have faded away from this site because of the antagonism and bickering that goes on since the younger know-it-alls with little practical experience have begun to take over the conversations. Note that we also find that these people have "never heard of GOOGLE" and want us to do all the number punching for them.

We also lose interest very quickly when asked to answer something about which we have only partial or sketchy information concerning what they want and its purpose. I for one do not employ the use of a crystal ball.

Please don't confuse "our" generation with someone who actually cares if someone out in cyberland has a problem.

We do it because we love hot rods and we love helping people.

I speak for myself when I say that I don't lose sleep if somebody doesn't get their problem corrected.

Just FYI.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
1fst7 said:
What do you guys think as compared to the Performer 2101 or Street Dominator ? Hood clearance is an issue . The engine is a 355 with xe-276-hr and Holley 750 . The car weighs 3000 even with gas and driver with 700R4 and 4:10 gears . Regards, Jim.
Jim,
To address your situation.

Get the newest technology you can find (they change internally even with the same name on top), match it to your combination/purpose, and measure carefully to see if will fit under your hood and allow you a sufficiently tall (4"?) air filter so as to not cause a restriction.
Some engines won't run with a 3" tall filter due to turbulence in the venturi. Consider a "flow stack" and an "air flow director" at the top of the filter....in every case.

Weiand (Stealth) has always had a very good reputation, but obviously not the advertising budget of Edelbrock.

Holley now owns Weiand, but I have no direct experience with their latest models.

I do prefer the high rise dual planes :thumbup: and VacSec or AirValveSecondaries unless a full out drag car requires a single plane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts