Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i fired up my small block today after about a week of not being run and noticed a weird squeeking/squeeling sound coming from the engine bay of the truck. it was hard to pinpoint where exactly the sound was coming from (i didnt have alot of time on my hands) but it has done this in the past when the motor has sat for any length of time and disappears once the motor is warm. any obvious things this could be? the motor runs great otherwise.

·
stuff'n things'n whatnot
356 Posts
how tight are your fan/alternator belts? check if they are hardened where they ride on the pulleys, thats the first thing that comes to my mind.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Without more detail I totally agree with the above post. Those were my exact thoughts when reading the post. Also cold weather will tend make belts stiff/hard and slick.

Royce

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya after further investigation the sound does seem to be coming from the belts. is it a big deal or should i just ignore it? the truck is not being driven through the winter anyways, just started up and moved arounda little.

·
Administrator
18,438 Posts
Replace the belts....better than having them break in the middle of nowhere.......besides, that noise makes you sound like a tool................

1 - 7 of 7 Posts