Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
DON'T TRY AND WELD THAT!!!!

There are people repairing pot metal...look in Hemmings Motor News....or use and epoxy to fix it from the back....You can use a coat hanger in the epoxy from the broken piece to another piece to strengthen it. Or any other small piece of metal to bridge the repair...get the idea???

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
you could braze it couldn't you?...
might need to find some silver rod to do it with or your going to have color issues...... unless you could get it rechromed. but i think you could braze it to perfection.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
weld

Thax for all the responses but I think I might have to find a new one because this part is going to be in a spot where it is going to take abuse and I don't think a epoxy will hold and brazing won't stick. I tried it on a scrap piece and it just melted the pot metal.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Dark Side,

I use 60/40 solder and it works great. It melts at a very low temp just a little lower than the "pot" metal. Just use paste flux and a soldering iron and you will have it repaired in no time at all.

Have Fun
Scholman

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.