Hot Rod Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Premium Member
15,533 Posts
not sure if I confused him more than I helped. Well at least I wasn't posting up frequency waves and crap like that.
No !!! It's just sometimes people post things here that will make some people think they can't do it... I didn't take any school at all,,(self tought)..I got certified in many different type's of welding... A lot of what I was certified in was X-Ray weld's.. If you have the WANT to learn,, You WILL learn..Yes some schooling will help jump start you... But you can move forward witout it.. ;)

· Registered
19 Posts
Best advice.. Learn to weld the material you want weld with scrap pieces.. Use the guide inside the welder for initial settings and just do it. Experience it and learn from it.. Books and videos only do so much.. Its all hand eye cordination .. The rest will come with time.. Dont be afraid to adjust settings high pto low and same with wirespeed that way you know what the welder is doing ..be patient and have fun with it.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.