Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know everyone is going to jump on me for considering this in the first place.

My dodge is on the brink of death so i'm going to put it out, not in a junkyard but out 4 wheeling and in the mud pit.

Will this hold up if it is done (how much weld do i put in?) i'm not woried about life, i hit 2 valves with the pistons its a gonner.

Should this be fun?
Eric.

·
Administrator
18,635 Posts
Take some pictures.............................I havn't "field car'd" a wreck in years...............lotsa fun....Don't break your neck.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I know a lot of guys who weld up their front and rear axles for use in the mud. If you drive it on the street, run an aggressive tire though. An mud-terrain tire will slip more on the street than an all-terrain tire and will lessen the chances of a broken axle.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not woried about the tires. I'm borrowing a set from a friend, 35X11X16 or something around that (dont remember) i do know they are 35s and they are the Super Swamper Bogger tires... should worrie about that should I?

This is an example of what i'm doing to the truck if it was a computer, :smash:. I'm destroying the thing, its seen better days

Eric.:thumbup:

·
Registered
103 Posts
some high school kid at a friends party said he welded his axles together to make it locked and he runs 13s in a beater 5.0 mustang 1984?? with aftermarket heads. i wanted to laugh.he had a wire tie holding the air breather on! ive heard of welding spiders on a 4x4 but not on a street car. just thought it was a funny story.

·
Too many hobbies!
239 Posts
Weld-er-up, but use nickel rod.

We welded the stock rear axle in an 80 Buick Century, then dropped a 403 Olds, with a TH400, in front of it, and went racing. Shelled out a few temp gauges, head gaskets, and tires, but never had any trouble with the axle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.