Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were do i begin.i have 262 in my s-10,will i need to get a bigger trans or will the stock be ok? Will i have to beff up the supension? Will i need to get a new rearend theres just so much,i dont know were to start? please help. :confused:

·
likes chevy trucks & boobies
1,971 Posts
well the 4.3L trans will bolt to a v8 but its not as builtinternally as a factory v-8 one but it would be ok for at least a while, depending on the engine output and how you drive it

suspension should be fine, i wouldnt worry about the springs, it has no weaker springs under it than any of the RWD cars with v8 or smaller engines

same diff if you were putting a v8 into a 4cyl or v6 firebirdor camaro

no one ever changes the springs

no problem

ppl worry too much about things like this

the rear end will hold up unless you shock it or the engine is really high output

i wouldnt worry about it unless it does break in which is most likely wont, these 7.5" rear ends were under biullions of v-8 cars including novas and caprices and the camaros and firebirds 82-up and they rarely break

only under some circumstances do they ever

again, are worrying too much here

happy swap :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
You're going to need different engine mounts, otherwise the engine, trans, and driveshaft will not line up. Get a set from J.T.R. @ $49 a pair. It will put the engine forward an inch so that the trans will fit the transmount, and you won't have to cut the driveshaft. It will also move the engine over to the passenger side one inch for the steering shaft clearance. You can find all sorts of info on this website:
www.v8s10.org

J.T.R. or Jags That Run:
www.jagsthatrun.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts