Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well folks, looks like another 25 cm. of snow overnight for us. It's coming down hard and wont stop untill tomorow in the morning. I'll try to post pics tomorow, it's really bad. We just had a blizzard 2 days ago and now we're gettin another small one.
We dont have a snowblower so my pops, bro and me had to shovel our butts off.

I'll post pics tomorow just so you can see how bad it is...

Mike

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Thats rough Mike. But hey maybe you'll get a few extra days off from school. And shoveling snow keeps off the few extra pounds the holiday meals add on. So far the weather where I live has been good, but I think some heavy snow will be falling eventually.

Be careful driving in the bad weather.

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
All our white stuff has gone.It was a nice 60 degrees here today.And at 1:30 in the AM,I can still walk out on the deck,smoke me a cig in my silk robe and pajama pants.Man,I'm a little Hefner!!!!!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Silk robe!

Yesterday I was up on the roof of my play garage checking everything out and neighbor came through the woods with two long-necks and we sat up on the roof with our cigs and beer.

Guess we just got no class down here as we were in t-shirts.

·
Time is short, are you ready?
655 Posts
70 degree weather

akm said:
lol, we are having fairly steady 70 degree weather in north Texas.
Ditto here in South Carolina. Record highs. It must be global warming :rolleyes: I was working on the Suburban TPI swap this week in a T-shirt and sweating a little when the sun was shining :sweat: Ed

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
I'll lend you my shovel Nightfire. All the snow we had (16")is mostly melted and it's suppose to be in the 50's today. Not normal for this time of year. I'm taking advantage of it. I'm headding for the garage/toyshop.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Going outside right now to take some pics. We had some more snow overnight and it's looking pretty hideous.
I'll be back in half an hour with pics if my cameras batteries last.

Mike

EDIT;
just came back with some pics......here's one for starters.

My small but comfortable house

Mike

here's another one......my sidewalk

last one for now

sure wish I lived in texas:spank:

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
<<My small but comfortable house>>

Or.......The house that can be heated during a Winnipeg winter without spending a kings ransom.

At least you have a large back yard. My garage takes up most of mine so there is no where to put the snow.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yo oldschoolrods, I got a friend that works at MCI. Making some good $$$ there.

Took me about 2 hours to shovel all the snow, the neighbors have a snowblower but havent offered to help yet, and I'm not gonna ask them.

I took the van out today and almost got stuck, it's a bit tricky. By now all the important streets are cleared though so it's all good. The street I live on hasnt been cleared yet but that wont happen for another day anyways.

Mike

·
oldsmobile compatible
166 Posts

·
Be American, Buy American!
222 Posts
Re: 70 degree weather

clicky the "www", Cracka'

lol, we are having fairly steady 70 degree weather in north Texas.

sucks to be you

Its even warmer in S.A. TX. Glad to be Texan.
Tee Shirt and shorts weather. :) :) :thumbup:

Al

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, we have a big (and I mean BIG) snowblower so it made short work of the snow in our area, now if we could just train the damn neighbors to stop pushing it into the middle of the cul de sac (they've buried the fire hydrant) we'll be okay. Chuck says the next time it snows and they do that, he's gonna blow it back into their driveway. We can barely back out of our own driveway because of the crap they push onto the road! The plows haven't done the side streets in our end of town either Nightfire, but Chuck was cruising around the U of M on the weekend and said all THOSE side streets were already plowed. Wonder whose palms got greased for that!

I originally posted this on Dec 31st.
I was at work last night during the height of the storm and managed to get home, but couldn't get into our cul de sac so I parked in a snow drift on the side of the main road and walked to the house. Of course the kids think this is great. They've been out playing in the big drifts all day!!
At work, we had a record number of "absent due to adverse weather" calls with me personally logging over 60 calls within 2 hours. I called another staff member to come in @ 5am to help. I fielded incoming calls and she placed outgoing calls to try to bring in staff that lived close by. AND I stayed OT this morning because the damn phone wouldn't stop ringing. We have trainee working days and I couldn't leave her alone. I'm going to call in later for the final total of calls logged today. I'm betting over 80.

I still don't have the official total. I know it was over 80 though, and that's almost 4X more calls than we usually log in a 24 hour period.

Chickie.

P.S. Steve K--where are you? Did you get buried? Are you dug out yet?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.