Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Slider in Wa.
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I`ve been studing the 700r4 trans for awhile as an option for my 1948 Chevrolet COE with a 350 (around 300 horse) with a Dana 3:73 rear end. Currently i have a turbo 400 in it. In the past i have had 2 two 700r4`s in a 1957 pickup truck They were so cool. It was special going down the freeway at 65mph and turning 1600 rpm`s. Alas it was my fault , and i burnt both of them up. I simply did not have them rigged proper. I now am looking for another one. I would like to rebuild it myself from the ground up. A monster tranny, that will hold up to towing. I see where some of the companies are saying their tranny will allow you to haul in overdrive with out any trouble. (that is how i burnt up my last two)
SO, i understand you correctly? I should look for a 1993 to rebuild? Is that right? That is before they changed them over to 4l60e right? I am trying to comprise a list of parts to upgrade and beef the 700r4 up. So all this is great stuff for me. Thanks so much for sharing this info. You are doing a great job. This is the best site up i have allways saided!!! Have fun today!
Slider in Wa.

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Hey slider.

You need to get with Crosley, one of our mods. He seems to know what he is doing, and has posted a lot of stuff on the 700r4.

Troy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts