Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hot Rods are Built, not Bought
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw this photo and am curious what these carts are that are attached to the wheels of this Tesla Roadster?

Think they are just to hold the wheel/tire sub-assembly for tire rotations or ??

Looks at the lift arms... It looks like the entire weight of the car is sitting on these carts?

I've thought about making some carts like these but always figured they would have to be pretty heavy so they wouldn't tip over when pushing them around, and they'd need something to attach the tire/wheel to the cart. So in the end... more hassle than it was worth.

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
8,821 Posts
Set up stands......Can make them like this, or wood cribing or sheets of plywood and 2x4 or anything else. They get the car far enough off the ground you can get under to make chassis adjustments and things. A set of roll off carts(same thing just longer) are a good idea to unload the suspension binds when on the scales. The things attched to the wheels are lazer alignment heads for caster, camber and toe

·
Hot Rods are Built, not Bought
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Set up stands......Can make them like this, or wood cribing or sheets of plywood and 2x4 or anything else. They get the car far enough off the ground you can get under to make chassis adjustments and things. A set of roll off carts(same thing just longer) are a good idea to unload the suspension binds when on the scales. The things attched to the wheels are lazer alignment heads for caster, camber and toe
Thanks.

Any idea what the things are that they have attached to the wheels, that are sitting on the carts?

·
More for Less Racer
20,942 Posts
It's an optical illusion cause by the photo angle.
The car is on a regular 2 post arm lift holding the underbody
On seperate stands is an front suspension alignment rig, with arms fastened to the wheel rim edges.

The lift isn't holding the car up by the wheel rims.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Tire alignment, I just use a piece of string wrapped around all tires. It is very easy to get it right on without having to spend a ton. I find it works best to have the steering wheel in the center. From there make the tires toe-out just a tad and walk it in until the right side of the tire is touching the string. Make sure the car is on the ground especially if it is an a-arm or twin I-beam suspension system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.