Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
banned
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What brand of paint do you think is best... I know the main ones are endura and dupont... I have heard dupont is **** cuz it chips easy... what do you guys think

·
Registered
35 Posts
I work in a high production shop with one other painter. We use dupont. The other painter came from a shop that used ppg and he said that he likes dupont better mainly because it matches better and is more user friendly. The shop I used to work in used sikkens , or also known as akzo noble. I liked that because colors always seemed to match. It was a little more touchy to use but it seemed pretty durable. Rather expensive though. We dont really have a problem with dupont chipping. Sometimes if the paint is not applied properly it can make the paint less resistant to chips. I know the system we use, if you activate the base, it helps the base and the sealer bond to make it more durable. Our dupont rep. says that not activating the base will void warranty. Little things like that some people dont know about can cause your paint not to be as durable against chips.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Rustoleum!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just kidding That's like asking what brand car is best.I've used both PPG & Dupont and had good luck with both. :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Rent a pressure sprayer and go to Sherwin Williams or some other paint store and get LATEX paint...It'll stay on the car for a longgggg time.. I promise ;) .....j/k I was kidding. Steve

·
The Smell of Nitro in the morn
2,409 Posts
Check around at some local paint stores for paint that someone didnt want,you mite get good paint cheap. Valspar makes all the paint solids for all the paint companys. This is something you cant really go cheap on and it will show. There is a dealer selling paint on eBAY,some colors dont look to bad. Price depends on the type of paint.

·
Kenneth Howard hates you...
572 Posts
5.0 Towncar says:
Rent a pressure sprayer and go to Sherwin Williams or some other paint store and get LATEX paint...It'll stay on the car for a longgggg time.. I promise .....j/k I was kidding. Steve<hr></blockquote>
That is funny my dad bought a parts car 62 Impala this last year and someone had painted it with white latex house paint...the car was completely covered in surface rust from the paint absorbing all the moisture...no serious cancer just surface rust.
Later,
WEIMER

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
Hey Stoned canine,
Go with the Sherwin Williams latex. A little more durable and more washable than Wally World latex. Wally World thins there paint down too much and you have to give it at least 2 coats for coverage. Martha Stewart does have some nice pastel colors so you could paint your car with one color then coordinate the trim with a lighter pastel shade. Combine this with some frilly side drapery for the rear windows and some Berber carpeting and you'll feel right at home. Just think like Christopher Lowell and you can be the envy of the neighborhood. Oh sorry, got off track there.
LOL!!!!!

Kevin

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Stoned, laugh now, there was (maby still is) a toyota celica ('80's model) in town with wallpaper on it. I worked on it a few years ago when I used to work at a lube joint. It almost looked like she used pepto bismol to paint it and she used little flowery wallpaper border on the bottom of the car. The doors were held shut with cloths hangers and the wheels only had three lugs each, but that was beside the point :eek:

HK

·
Registered
50 Posts
ok, i to have wondered what would happen if i were to take a outside self leveling metal pait shoot it then clear it . my guess is let someone else try then reap the results.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts