Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help picking out a color to paint my car.Igot a 1985 IROC-Z. I got two colors in mind and they are; Metallic Silver and Metallic DuPont Blue. If you got any other suggestions, tell me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would suggest the blue because blue looks good on just about any car specially on car such as the one that you have. But if you want you can go to a local paint dealer and ask to see a book of color chips that way you can see the different shades of your color that you like. Maybe you can find a color that is better than what you had in mind...good luck

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here a theory of mine. The car picks the color!

If you got a straignt body there is no restrictions...but if you got some little imperfections you gotta paint to hide them. I.E. White will go with everything and hide most anything. Dark colors amplify any imperfection. The metalics are for also good for hiding those rolling type uglies you cannot seem to get out. Silver or blue are immaterial but gold and bronze work well also. I suggest if your into blue or silver look at the interior and try to match that...also how about under hood etc...did it have blue or silver before? These are difficult areas to paint and you want it to look like your choice was always there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts