Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
* wait for it...

OGRE

i'm REBRANDING myself from ogre to OGRE! are you properly impressed?

i spent millions coming up with this NEW IDEA!!!
and it will cost millions, possibly billions more to convert all signs, paperwork and personal stationary
not to think of what it will cost all my subsidiaries to convert

you can read more in my PRESS RELEASE new-logo-is-the-biggest-branding-fail-of-2021-so-far, BUT THE YEAR IS YOUNG

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Its more be from the social engineering " woke" bunch , IMO , totally misguided ,over reaction ,to not wanting to be disliked by anyone ( which usually leads to being disliked by everyone) , this is a product of people having so much that they need to change for changes sake , people who have to concentrate on providing food and shelter have no need or time food this tripe ...

·
the 'Duracell Project'
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its more be from the social engineering " woke" bunch , IMO , totally misguided ,over reaction ,to not wanting to be disliked by anyone ( which usually leads to being disliked by everyone) , this is a product of people having so much that they need to change for changes sake , people who have to concentrate on providing food and shelter have no need or time food this tripe ...
agreed. the woke bunch. they just type like me now ;)
actually surprised more people didn't chime in on a mostly big 3 forum

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 FE
263 Posts
Well, I guess the change is fitting. "GM" back in the good old days = detroit muscle and some decent pick-em-up trucks Now "gm" = 4 cylinder Cadillacs, trucks with infotainment systems so complex you need to get a PhD to figure out how to work them, and Corvettes that aren't really Corvettes. nah, I'll stick with the old stuff.

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 FE
263 Posts
Everybody's afraid of offending someone , your not entitled to voice your own opinion either , that's not " supportive" . Load of crap if you ask me ...
I don't know what's offensive about a blue box with two capital letters inside... maybe someone can enlighten us

EDIT: There is literally an ad on this forum right now for a 4 cylinder Cadillac... What is the world coming too??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I don't know what's offensive about a blue box with two capital letters inside... maybe someone can enlighten us

EDIT: There is literally an ad on this forum right now for a 4 cylinder Cadillac... What is the world coming too??? :rolleyes:
Funny, the old Cadillac was almost dead. before they changed the makes badge and products from, big under powered slugs.
SEEMS TO ME, They must be doing something right.
Built better, handle better, and get a LOT better mpg. hold their value a lot better, and make more power than the 425 v8's Than the ole school Cadillac. and don't end up in the shop on the back of a hook like the 4100 v8's and coughstar.
Seems the old school Cadillac is what pushed buyers into Lexus, Infinity, BMW,MB.
Or does everyone have selective memories of the Good Ole Cadillac.
Funny part is those that are having the biggest problem with changes are not buyers anyways.
The best part, or really saddest part, is those poking fun at the gm badge change because they think people being offended by the old badge design, seem to be the ones getting offended over nothing.
Same guys will claim that g.m. built utter crap from 72 on. but by golly should honor that history of crapboxes by keeping the old logo.
"makes sense to me"

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
What's " funny" is spending big bucks on tweaking a logo thinking that somehow it will affect the market in some meaningful way . I call it the desperate hopes of corporate leadership , transferring the task of brand improvement to marketing firms desperately trying to justify their existence .

·
Registered
185 Posts
What's " funny" is spending big bucks on tweaking a logo thinking that somehow it will affect the market in some meaningful way . I call it the desperate hopes of corporate leadership , transferring the task of brand improvement to marketing firms desperately trying to justify their existence .
A badge change worked at Cadillac . SOME forget g.m. sells vehicles outside the usa, now.
ALOT of vehicles, a brash American looking badge might be fine, or it might not be.
They can stay the course and have the younger generations not even think of buying a g.m. and please the older generations that are not going to buy g.m. and are driving toyo/kia/etc. but feel the need to be very vocal about any change to a logo/badge , and fade away.
IF I was g.m. I would listen to those buying their products, not those that have no interest in anything from the company other than products built 30-60 years ago.

·
Registered
1964 Thunderbird, 390 FE
263 Posts
A badge change worked at Cadillac .
mid 50s Cadillac badge:

the last 30 years:
1990 badge followed by a 2000 badge, jewels on top removed

2010 badge and then a 2021 badge, they lose the wreath

They lost 7 jewels and the wreath, the badge is very very similar. That's not much of a change over the course of decades...

As for the last GM product, I'm in college so I don't have the money for a newer vehicle, but my parents bought a new 2018 Duramax a couple years ago which I have driven a fair amount. It has capital GM because it is an acronym for General Motors that should be capitalized. I never thought I'd see the day a multi-however many dollar company would have bad grammar. :confused:

·
Registered
185 Posts
mid 50s Cadillac badge:
View attachment 613758

the last 30 years:
1990 badge followed by a 2000 badge, jewels on top removed
View attachment 613754 View attachment 613755

2010 badge and then a 2021 badge, they lose the wreath
View attachment 613756 View attachment 613753

They lost 7 jewels and the wreath, the badge is very very similar. That's not much of a change over the course of decades...

As for the last GM product, I'm in college so I don't have the money for a newer vehicle, but my parents bought a new 2018 Duramax a couple years ago which I have driven a fair amount. It has capital GM because it is an acronym for General Motors that should be capitalized. I never thought I'd see the day a multi-however many dollar company would have bad grammar. :confused:
They sell outside the usa. Capital letters offends. I don't make the culture rules.
Frankly, I would have removed all g.m. badges from products. And just have the chevy/buick/etc badging.
You don't see a blue oval on a linc. or a toyo badge on a lexus, or a nissan badge on an infinity,etc. The gm badge should have died in 2008. if not decades earlier

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
This thread should have had a poll, When was the last new gm you bought. ?
Bet those with an issue with the change hasn't walked into a dealer and bought anything in a long long time.
There's a reason I've never bought a new GM product ( or any other manufacturer s new product) , I worked in GM dealership shops & a. -saw the crap they produced& b -. the premium price that folks paid for that crap . You could buy a 3-4 year old vehicle for half the money , the original owner & warranty had fixed any problems & you'd still get 5 years service easy . simple economics..

·
Registered
185 Posts
There's a reason I've never bought a new GM product ( or any other manufacturer s new product) , I worked in GM dealership shops & a. -saw the crap they produced& b -. the premium price that folks paid for that crap . You could buy a 3-4 year old vehicle for half the money , the original owner & warranty had fixed any problems & you'd still get 5 years service easy . simple economics..
So ,the logo change is a moot point to you as you are not a buyer.
but yet, are bent out of shape over it.
The new American past time. get offended , just because.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.