Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a 77 camaro and need a engine for it found a running 350 in a 68 chevy pick up.
casting number is 3970010. and i want to know if it is a 2 or 4 bolt main. and how much horse power it came with from the factory any ideas?
thanks
cody.

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
camaroguy77 said:
i recently bought a 77 camaro and need a engine for it found a running 350 in a 68 chevy pick up.
casting number is 3970010. and i want to know if it is a 2 or 4 bolt main. and how much horse power it came with from the factory any ideas?
thanks
cody.
Cody.. you can look here..http://www.mortec.com/castnum.htm

·
AKA Lee in KC
527 Posts
Look at the front passenger side of the block just forward of the cylinder head. There should be a machined pad there with some numbers and letters stamped into it. They may hidden by an accessory, like an alternator or a/c compressor. Look for an alpha-numeric starting with a letter, then four numbers, then two or three letters. Post that code here and we'll look it up for you, or you can go to NastyZ28.com or ChevyMania.com and look it up yourself.

·
AKA Lee in KC
527 Posts
I should have been more specific, knowing the depth of knowledge on this board. The engine code will not tell you whether it's 2 or 4 bolt, but it will tell what type of vehicle it came out of and what horsepower it was rated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.