Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today on my way home from work I had a women about 35 years old cut me off, I had to slam on the breaks because she desides not to shoulder check, then about 2 blocks down she locks up the breaks to turn right, then she realizes where she has to turn is like 5 blocks up, so she pursues to cut me off once again pulling back out into traffic. So I take a deep breathe and curse a bit and keep driving. THEN I gun it and drive around her to get infront of her.. well big mistake... i had to stop at a red light 2 more blocks up and the stupid dits rear ends me at like 20k. bent my trunk, wrecked my bumper cover and a lot of paint scrathes.. 4000.00 to repair. I had to use every once of will power in my body not to head butt her or give her a 2 hand shove into traffic.I asked her how the he|| she got her liscence and what her problem was, she replied " Why did you stop you could have gone, it's not like there were any cars coming."I actually felt sick to my stomach. I was having the best day too, work was awsome, Payday, and Going out with my best friend drinking for her birthday.

Just venting... man o man...

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
Man, second accident in a month, glad I don't have your insurance payment.

What erks me? It's to late to break out the list.

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
Ahhhh man that sucks. Around here I get cut off and pulled out in front of EVERYTIME I get on the road...People around here are just too nuts when they get behind the wheel. I've only had this camino for I'd say since feburary or march one of the two and Alredy have had to lock up the brakes ATLAEAST 8 times to avoid plowing into some idiot that pulled out infront of me. Ive been Driving Since I was cough cough 14 (countryroads) and I've had more than a few cars. It seems like its always the cars u really love that get jinxed and anything and everything happens to them:( my last 65 elcamino i had got rammed by a cheerleader in my highschool parking lot who couldnt hear my horn blazing!! She lied told her dad I was burning out in the lot coming around the corner....proved her wrong by the lack of horizontal scrapes and burnout marks.....due to I was sitting still!!....i mean my god, somepeople cant admit when their wrong!!!? (the front end was tore up pretty good, so i sold that one and now finally 4 years later i got this one... I really regretted selling but it was too much work for me at the time.)

All and All there are some pretty ignorant self-centerd people out there that think everything revolves around them and what ever they do is right and the others at fault. No matter if a trains headin for em....hey they can beat it...it was his fault i swear blaaaah phooey shame on them..
Hope everything turns out good for ya 5.0 have a good one and take care:D

·
1,821 Posts
Here's one thing road related I hate. When people drive in the left lane and only go 0-5-10 mph over the speed limit and they won't switch back to the right lane to let me by.

·
Missing You
300 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
Here's one thing road related I hate. When people drive in the left lane and only go 0-5-10 mph over the speed limit and they won't switch back to the right lane to let me by.
No kidding!! It needs to be mandatory reading that the left lane is a passing lane and not a Sunday drive lane for going UNDER the speed limit!

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
what erks me

spending 2 hrs media blasting the rust on your car and digging several pounds of black beauty out of your ears and any other crevices you have!!!!!!:eek:

·
Heart Breaker and Life Taker
174 Posts
Getting cut off in traffic. When people see you coming. Or just slam on the brakes for no reason out of nowhare? And then when you cant stop fast enough and hit them they blame you,even if you wasnt to close behind. That P.A. Speaker really comes in handy.....Now i just need that train horn on there and ill be set.
Theres more,but its 2:30 AM and im tired,later.

·
Be the MIRACLE!
363 Posts
My wife and I rode over to Auburn, Ind on the motorcycle and I was getting ready to turn with my signal on (right turn on red) and a guy pulled right up beside and went by. I nearly turned right into his drivers side door. Man! I couldn't get any more of my right turn intentions out there to turn than that. Slow down people and enjoy the ride. Half the fun is getting there alive and unhurt. Especially if your on a bike.

·
Footbraker
693 Posts
Around 60% of the drivers on the road worry me, I see people reading the paper, talking on their cell phone, doing makeup in the mirror, etc... (anything but paying attention to the road). Anymore I'm just happy to get from point A to B without getting hit or run off the road.:sweat:

·
Registered
109 Posts
What really gripes my cookies are the people who just can't seem to go with the flow of the traffic. The average traffic flow on the interstate here is 70. That's fast enough and everyone gets along. Yet there is some knucklehead that needs to go 80 and bob and weave through the rest of us.

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
1Fast65Elky I want a train horn too, gotza scare the crap outta some of those buttheads sooner or later
I've thought of one of those.You could hear me from your house, Elky..lol. People that pull out in front of me when there is noone behind me for a mile, chaps my butt. If they get up to speed, fine. If not, there's a Toyota p.u. 5 feet off their bumper for a brief second or three. :spank: Dan

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
well lets see...

other drivers who don't use their turn signal at all or turn it on just before they turn. Being passed and then the person slows down to below the speed limit I was doing. Having somebody behind me on my rear bumper. I try and give other drivers the room they need to do their thing...spare myself the grief of trying to figure them out.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Ghetto Jet said:
10mph over the limit near my house is 80mph. If people need to be somewhere and 80 ain't fast enough, they need to leave earlier or get a helicopter.

I have problem with buttknockers that jump out of line and into a lane that ends 100yds up and then try to cram a 16ft long car into a bumper to bumper line of traffic. I've sent many of the arseholes off into ditches and lawns.

And, Punks that fly up on my bumper while I'm doing 80mph. If the closing rate is fast enough, I lift off the throttle at the same time they get around 5ft away and scare the chit out of them.

Aand, Punks that weave in and out of lanes like it's a slalom course.

Aaand, Bone heads that think a 30,000lb truck carrying a 50,000lb piece of equipment can stop on a dime. Many of those boneheads become roadkill.

I'll shut up now.

Larry

·
1,821 Posts
coldknock said:
10mph over the limit near my house is 80mph. If people need to be somewhere and 80 ain't fast enough, they need to leave earlier or get a helicopter.
near mine 10 over the limit is 65.

One thing I have noticed is when i drive the Honda people don't like to move out of my way but when I drive the Caprice everybody moves.

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
coldknock said:

I have problem with buttknockers that jump out of line and into a lane that ends 100yds up and then try to cram a 16ft long car into a bumper to bumper line of traffic. I've sent many of the arseholes off into ditches and lawns.

And, Punks that fly up on my bumper while I'm doing 80mph. If the closing rate is fast enough, I lift off the throttle at the same time they get around 5ft away and scare the chit out of them.

Aand, Punks that weave in and out of lanes like it's a slalom course.

Aaand, Bone heads that think a 30,000lb truck carrying a 50,000lb piece of equipment can stop on a dime. Many of those boneheads become roadkill.

I'll shut up now.

Larry
Oh I got you man, but for some reason I believe these phenomenon to be specific to michigan. They include...

1. Douchebag "A" rides 68 miles per hour in the passing lane, passing cars by a rate of .000689 miles per hour. After a while you end up passing him on the right, and for some reason he's upset about this and will actually speed up to avoid being passed due to his deeply rooted insecurity stemming from problems in early childhood, or a length impairment of the male member.

2. Douchebag "B" loves to drive fast in the passing lane. He's a great candidate to follow to avoid getting tickets. B's problem is that his courage and (self proclaimed) NASCAR-level driving skills shrivel and ebb as he becomes frightened down to the last quivering, meek, useless fiber of his being when he is about to pass a semi. The logical irony that his worry about the size of this looming giant next to him (which, as illustrated earlier in discussion of "A," sorely reminds him of his male inadequacy) would be much more quickly abated by a feather of the accelerator never occurs to Douchebag "B." B wonders as he looks in his rear-view mirror with a dirty look for a moment after he passes said semi, why you are riding him like as a fat kid would the penny horse at Meier’s with a fist full of change and gummy worms, until he looks down at his speedometer and realizes his aforementioned douchbaggery. Douchebag B will repeat this process several times, and is thought to have memory impairments co-morbid with the previously discussed judgment fallacies.

3. Douchebag "C" is a problem tenfold. Considering his lack of attention anywhere on the road, he doesn't think to get over when lanes are ending, or when there's upcoming road work and will stuff his car, truck or minivan as a "square peg" into the proverbial "round hole" that is the space between you and the car in front of you. Please note, however, that this is the same Douchebag who will honk and spew expletives when you're attempting to get into the slow-moving right lane (giving a generous two mile jump on the left lane closure). Again, logic escapes this Douchebag as it does all others, considering your merging has extended his commute an immeasurably small amount of time. Douchebag C expected you to drive in the left lane until you eventually ran into a construction barrel, and into the ditch that followed, destroying your vehicle.

Please note that ******'s A, B and C are not mutually exclusive events/people.

K

·
Registered
58 Posts
Bone heads that think a 30,000lb truck carrying a 50,000lb piece of equipment can stop on a dime. Many of those boneheads become roadkill.
I second that, I own dumptrucks and the RETARDS that pull out in front of a loaded truck and then stop to turn and look at you like your the dumba## that did something wrong .ahahahahahahah I got to find another thread before I get all P/Oed :mad:

·
Footbraker
693 Posts
The last time I renwed my liscence there was this old lady (85ish, complete with walker) also getting her renewal. I noticed that she failed the vision test three times, instead of not giving her a liscence the friendly DOT folks gave her a different vision test and coached her through it. As I was leaving I made note of her car (late 80's Crown Vic, also used as battering ram by blind drivers) so I could stay well clear of her.:pain:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Blown79 said:
I second that, I own dumptrucks and the RETARDS that pull out in front of a loaded truck and then stop to turn and look at you like your the dumba## that did something wrong .ahahahahahahah I got to find another thread before I get all P/Oed :mad:
Today, I got pinched in traffic while trailering my plowtruck home.

The setup, as follows:'93 Chevy 2 wd,4.3 C1500 5 speed (in 4th), 1800# car trailer with a 1984 Chevy 4x4 (with 8 foot Western plow in the box) right near Tomah, Wi. I'm traveling 63 mph in the right lane with 2 semis in the hammer lane to my left with a Ford Explorer in between them. 3 vehicles try to get onto the road ahead or around me. I'm not able to stop on a dime or merge left to let them in, and some buttmonkey decides he can whip right past my truck and trailer at like 80 mph and climb into the second semi. It's idiots that won't THINK that just burn my feathers. Oh, and I failed to mention that I had my left turn arrow on for a thousand- 7 count so I could try to move over. My wife almost made me deaf with her sceaming.

I'll post the pics soon, I hope.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you guys ever noticed that when your driving everyone who is going slower then you is an idot and anyone going faster then you is a moron..??Or is it just me..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts