Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 69 Mustang with a 351W. I bought a flywheel for it off of E Bay. It bolts to the crank shaft but the mounting bolts for the new clutch don't line up. The distance from one set of holes to the other is 8". the distance between the shared holes is 3 1/8" Does any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
balance ??

you probably need the year also. on the 5.0 engines they changed the flywheel balance weights between early 302's and the later 5.0 engines . I don't know if they changed the 351's between early and late too

·
Saitek5678
94 Posts
saitek5678

Sorry, the last response was right, I was thinking flywheel too torque con. You need to figure out what year, make that flywheel was out of. If all the splines and throwout bearing fit on your trans fine but,the pressure plate will not bolt to the flywheel? HMMM? try to figure out the trans info, I think the engine bolt pattern stayed the same for years , I'm not sure.

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
flywheel info

I've done a few engine-trans swaps. you need some one knowledgeable about what parts you can use/ nail head buick to ford... olds to early ford. ford overhead to lasalle trans. chevy to jeep. chevy to land cruized. corvair to vw. chevy to international farm truck.. etc ford to ford should be easy the old ford performance book listed a lot of ford info..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.