Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to install a front clip on a 49 Chevy Fleetline. I know a front clip for a 74 - 80 Camaro will work. What is the version of the Pontiac and Oldsmobile that are the same as the Camaro?

Ventura? Omega? Firebird? Nova?

I'm looking for a donar and want to expand my choices.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
Mule said:
I'm going to install a front clip on a 49 Chevy Fleetline. I know a front clip for a 74 - 80 Camaro will work. What is the version of the Pontiac and Oldsmobile that are the same as the Camaro?

Ventura? Omega? Firebird? Nova?

I'm looking for a donar and want to expand my choices.

Thanks

The Nova is about 1.5'' narrower then the Camaro hub to hub.. :) Here's a web site that may help you..http://www.quickperformance.com/Technical Info/sus_measure.htm

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
matt167 said:
wouldn't a firebird front stub work too?

They are the same as the Camaro..Depends on how much you want to tuck the front wheels in.The Monte Carlo, Regal, Is only 58'' But a little harder to install,Then the Camaro's and Nova's.. :)

This is a Camaro front clip, I installed on my 57 Chevy..

Attachments

·
More for Less Racer
20,952 Posts
NEW INTERIORS said:
The Nova is about 1.5'' narrower then the Camaro hub to hub.. :) Here's a web site that may help you..http://www.quickperformance.com/Technical Info/sus_measure.htm
Their web site is missing a lot of info. The 68-74 rear steer Nova(X-body)(Apollo/Omega/Venture) stub is 1.5" narrower than the front steer Camaro/Firebird stub, but the 75-79 Nova(and Apollo/Omega/Ventura) stub is front steer and is the same as the Camaro/Firebird.

·
Bean Counter
40 Posts
I'm not trying to hi jack the thread or anything, but I'm just curious as to what's the average cost to do a clip onto a frame. I have a 77 Ford that one day I plan to clip with a newer chevy 86-98 truck front frame section to get rid of the I-beams and air bag it. Thanks, for any info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.