Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I was thinking of running a set for 28inch thrush glasspacks on my 305. The thing is, I dont want to piss off any cops and I was looking more for one with a DEEP RUMBLE..no ricey sounds and no popping or other annoying sounds. How does the overall length matter to the sound? What about the inlet/outlet size? Searched through the forum about peoples opinions but not on how to choose the right one. If you have a good idea please respond! Thanks :)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-24214/

·
Registered
66 Posts
79bird said:
Hey guys

I was thinking of running a set for 28inch thrush glasspacks on my 305. The thing is, I dont want to piss off any cops and I was looking more for one with a DEEP RUMBLE..no ricey sounds and no popping or other annoying sounds. How does the overall length matter to the sound? What about the inlet/outlet size? Searched through the forum about peoples opinions but not on how to choose the right one. If you have a good idea please respond! Thanks :)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WLK-24214/
Half the fun of having loud *** exhaust is pissing off the police.

·
Hot Rod Has Been
187 Posts
Placement of the mufflers has much to do about the sound...

Put them up front and they will "rap" much easier... put them to the rear if you want them a touch quieter. Larger diameter pipes and mufflers will be louder... I always use 2" pipes because I like the classic rumble...something you lose with larger pipes.

Different manufacturers will build them to sound unique... Brockman Mellotones, Porters, Cherry Bombs, Smithy's, etc. all have their own unique sound. I have always like the Walker Continental's myself but they are now pretty rare.

My Ram 1500 and my '56 F100 both have cheap no-name glass packs from my local muffler shop and they sound pretty good... about $14/each.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.