Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part Number...

A pic of the grille. It's big and heavy and it's cast metal.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,459 Posts
1949 Buick I think. That is a BIG BUCK Ebay item guy.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Martin... That's what we were thinking. '49 Buick. What would you consider big buck? The chrome is failing but it's in pretty good shape.
Mark
Edit:...
Here is a pic of a '49 Buick grille... Sorry Martin but I think we need to do some more looking... My grille has bars that are much slimmer and closer together...

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,459 Posts
I would not be surprised if that got four to six hundred bucks if it is not pitted bad. Ebay is a funny animal, you think something is hot but it isn't, then some piece of junk goes for big bucks. But I would bet a dollar it would go for at least $400.00.

The trick is how you list it and the key words you use. You want to act like you don't know what it is. That way you can put a number of years, 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943, all the way to 1958 or so. Then also put 40, 41, 42, 43 etc. Then list Buick, Pontic, Mercury, and every other car you can think of. Be sure to include "rat rod" Custom, Kustom, "street rod" , vintage, old, and anything else you can think of. Include Grill, Grille, chrome, mouldings, moldings, etc.

You want as many words as possible that someone may be searching for. The more people that open it, the more people likely to make an impulse bid. :)

I sold a set of 1948 Buick grille bars a few years ago on eBay for about 175.00 as I remember. Pretty good being I picked them up for $12.00 at Pick-your-Part. :)

Darn it, I was wrong, well I'll tell you this, if you are going to eBay it, just put it in like I said.

Believe me, you WILL get a bunch of attention. I do know that is a VERY popular grille, I have seen them a million times in customs. It will go for a good price.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think Zonk hit the "Nail {on the} head"... '54 Buick. I'll do some more research but I'm pretty sure this is correct. Thanks Zonk and MartinSR.
I don't know if he wants to sell it though but we'll see.
Mark

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.