Hot Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I like hamburgers. Bun meat ketchup maybe a slice of cheese , doesn't need to be infused with hot peppers , don't need a salad on it. Don't want pork mixed in to it , don't need a pretzel bun , don't want it covered in gravy , plain , simple , without a laundry list of options , like I said earlier , I come here to relax , not be frustrated by computer software & snarpy reminders about my computer illiteracy ! My mind works like a mechanical solenoid , not a microprocessor ..

·
I will endevour to persevere
1,029 Posts
Gotta bring up another question and that is What is all this accredited Business by the BBB? So am I to believe Hotrodders is now a accredited business??? Who is accredited business or is this for later in the "Master Plan?:rolleyes::oops:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, I don't have any plans on going anywhere else it's like it's been said that eventually the other sites will change to.
I need help now and I'm staying. I can't wait for things to change to my liking anyway. I didn't join this site because of the way it looked. I've been off and on reading this site for a long time and decided to join because I needed help with the trans. I'm waiting for a air/oil separater. I know it's a little late with 165K on the motor. It was when I had to change my intake gasket and saw all the oil in the intake runners and the carb base is when I realized I didn't want all that oil to go back into the intake, and carb base. I really don't care about "emissions". If I was concerned about emissions I would own a Prius. When I get that air/oil separater hooked up, and can figure out how to put a pic on here, like I was just about to follow the "How to load photos" instructions and a couple of days later I show up here and it's all new! Dang!

·
True Hotrodder
1,174 Posts
When I get that air/oil separater hooked up, and can figure out how to put a pic on here, like I was just about to follow the "How to load photos" instructions and a couple of days later I show up here and it's all new! Dang!
You will find it's a lot easier to load those photos now. You can either drop it in place or browse to the file you want.

The above pic was simply "dropped" here.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Only thing I miss is not having the persons rough location under the name. Lots of great features with this update. But, knowing the general location can be helpful at times.

·
Super Moderator
18,352 Posts
Only thing I miss is not having the persons rough location under the name. Lots of great features with this update. But, knowing the general location can be helpful at times.
Hover over their avatar and it goes to their profile. It says there if they have it listed.

·
True Hotrodder
1,174 Posts
There's also some other options there that a reader can take advantage of from time to time.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It's been explained for weeks now...too many security holes and problems in the old format software to keep it viable.

Just about every car forum on the web is or has had to make a switch.

There is a thread in the "Community Help" forum with guidance to help you get up to speed.

You can just say "screw-it" and never come back and go off to anothe forum...but they are/will be all making a similar switch or die, so you might as well learn to adapt....you had to adapt to computer use in the first place right:cool:
When I first joined this forum just the "today'sposts" was on the average 4 to 6 pages of people asking advise and getting help from very knowledgeable people. It has dropped down now on the average less than 1 page per day. It was pretty easy to learn to navigate the site. Now that every thing has magically changed over night most of us older users are struggeling just to open the site and find the most recent posts.Plus now there is going to be a fee charged just to use the sight? I don't think you helped anybody but yourselves.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Man, what sucks is that a lot good guys aren't happy with the site. I will be ok personally, but the reason I came and continue to return is the wealth of knowledge. Whats going to happen when/if they leave?

·
True Hotrodder
1,174 Posts
Yes and most of them have already said in the first day or two that they are not interested in being here now. But, if you take a look, most of them are still here posting and eventually most of them will figure the site out and understand that it's not doomsville around here.

·
Premium Member
11,050 Posts
Takes some getting use too.. But seems a little better to do things.. Still looking around. But I think it was a big upgrade.. I'm not one for today's changes. But I think it will work out well if they draw the builders back.. This site was a kick *** place because of the builders and the knowledge.Plus all the talent people had here..I hope it all works out for the best.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I am completely computer stupid and I accept that, but would it be too much trouble for you to put an (edit) button on the post when I'm through writing it? And how about a (delete this post) button so that I don't end up with 2 or 3 posts about the same topic?
Put your picture back...its how I recognize your posts 😂

·
More for Less Racer
19,294 Posts
I am completely computer stupid and I accept that, but would it be too much trouble for you to put an (edit) button on the post when I'm through writing it? And how about a (delete this post) button so that I don't end up with 2 or 3 posts about the same topic?
See those three little dots off to the right upper corner of every individual post...click on those in your own post and it will open a box asking you if you want to "Edit" or "Report" the post...click on edit and it will open the edit window. ;)

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Click on your T (or picture).
Click on it again.
Click on it again and it will let you edit the image by uploading something.

You can also go to your profile and click on the letter or image to upload from there.

·
Registered
7,341 Posts
Xenforo I think is a lot cheaper than V bullitin and since I'm on many Xenforo forums I can deal with it. BUT, it's horrible software, however that is what Verticalscope uses. People need to remember that these sites cost money to operate. Hotrodders has no membership fee's ( yet ) although Verticalscope does have premium memberships.. We are still in a better spot than many.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts