Hot Rod Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Now see , that's what we're talking about , its click on this to uncover that to get to the drop down and hit the icon & give the secret handshake & click your heels together 3 times , before it was look...........
Exactly! It was nice when a little glance to the side told you what you were they are from. That's one of the things on the other group I've been on much more lately still bothers the heck out of me. (that is the way to see a persons location)

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
See those three little dots off to the right upper corner of every individual post...click on those in your own post and it will open a box asking you if you want to "Edit" or "Report" the post...click on edit and it will open the edit window. ;)
Yes another thing that had to be "hidden" instead of a simple button on the same page you are on. WHY?

·
Collector of "someday" cars
2,225 Posts
The other group I visit changed to this same format and I haven't been here in a while, so at first all I noticed was the different header up top. As far as ads, just like on the other group, I don't pay them a cent, and I don't have any ads. None. I use Firefox and AdBlocker Ultimate, which both are also free.
Same here, Firefox and adblocker. I also have fb container, to block links back to fb for them to track.

·
Just one of the guys
3,074 Posts
It's been a while since I've been on here, but what the hell happened? This is like trying to unravel a plate of spaghetti.

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,296 Posts
Yep Kevin, nothing but fun relearning how to tie your shoes and open a door. I sure miss the old one.

Brian

·
Registered
798 Posts
Due to a lengthy move to a new house, this is my first time on the new forum. What I miss right away is "Today's Posts", which was essentially a listing of posts and replies in chronological order. The problem with having only "New Posts" is once I've read a new thread, it's no longer accessible through a shortcut. Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Hey, I do like being able to post pictures, not just links to them.:)

·
Super Moderator
18,348 Posts
Due to a lengthy move to a new house, this is my first time on the new forum. What I miss right away is "Today's Posts", which was essentially a listing of posts and replies in chronological order. The problem with having only "New Posts" is once I've read a new thread, it's no longer accessible through a shortcut. Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Hey, I do like being able to post pictures, not just links to them.:)
View attachment 523922

To keep the read post visible, go to Filters and uncheck the Unread discussions. Then save

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,296 Posts
To keep the read post visible, go to Filters and uncheck the Unread discussions. Then save

View attachment 523923

Okkkkkk, how do you get to that "filters" tab? I went to a number of different screens and can't find it. On the photos, I never had a problem uploading photos before, everyone mentions that and I don't get it because I did it all the time.

Brian

A car 2020.jpg

Reactions: idrivejunk

·
Super Moderator
18,348 Posts
Okkkkkk, how do you get to that "filters" tab? I went to a number of different screens and can't find it. On the photos, I never had a problem uploading photos before, everyone mentions that and I don't get it because I did it all the time.

Brian
Click on NEW....The filters tab is at the top left.

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,857 Posts
Click on NEW....The filters tab is at the top left.
Yep Kevin, nothing but fun relearning how to tie your shoes and open a door. I sure miss the old one.

Brian
Every yr. I leave when it warm (longer days ) and come back when the days get short and evenings are longer and boring !! During the summer I'm busy from morning to night 6AM till 11 PM No time for the forums!!, during the fall through the winter with very short days and cold I come to Hotrodders !!😡 This change is a blow to the head and sucks ! What was once fun is now a drag Its like entering the Twilight zone! Why ????:eek: I'm 74 and this is like some programmer did this to get rid of the old guys that like old skool builds and like the simpler things in life!!!! I don't like that or this sight anymore!!!!

Why does it say, Brian [/QUOTE] Where I'm Typing ??? I am the Jester (Chris)!
Hotrodders now is run by people that change things and reprogram because they know they can, and just need to do it for their own ego!!! Again This sucks ,is complicated , is not fun, is hard on the eyes , everything is hid , before everything was right in front of you!! Why in this day and age do young people see the need to change a good thing into something complicated :poop:(n):eek:

Where the HELL is my profile pic??? Am I on here ?, it doesn't show my name at the top of the thread, How the hell do I sign out? How do I private message? Where the HELLLLLL is todays posts?, unanswered posts, ETC,ETC,ETC, If I can get back on here someone sugjest a new sight for me that is like the old hotrodders (and not Jelopy journal or any other lame sights)

Jester (Chris):mad:

·
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW
2,857 Posts
HOW THE HELLLL DO I EDIT MY POST?????????????????? I misspeled warm it should read WARMER ! How do I get to todays posts !!!! I found how to edit !o_O Where the HELLL is my JOURNAL ????How the hell do I sign OUT !!!!!!!!!!

Jester

61 - 73 of 73 Posts