Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
then you get a letter from the Winnipeg Police with a nice picture of your car and your liscence plate speeding through and intersection!

twice!!!

the happy couple:p

and we wasnt even speeding?:confused:

The price for these babys aint cheap either:pain: good thing my dad was driving and not me.....

Mike

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
said his Dad was driving?? Still gotta wonder whats up with that socker Dad or what? I never saw one of those before...hope I never see one either!!! You must live in the BIG CITY Man!! That totally up town dude!!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Left Nut, Right Nut....Squish!
363 Posts
Baaah, that sucks....... call you "LeadFoot Mike" now :p hehehe.

Other day I seen an article about that spray on reflective stuff. that goes on lisence plates. Alot of people had excellent reviews for it, If I would have bookmarked it i'd throw out the link. I even forgot the name of the stuff.

**Sprays on from an aerosal can, mabey someone here might know what im talkin bout.

·
Grillin Randy
550 Posts
I just hate the idea of camera cops and sending you tickets in the mail. Where is the fair play, where is the challenge and where is the personal interaction with an officer of the law? There will come a time when all major highways are policed this way and that will be a sad day. Just think of the Cops that will lose their jobs, it is just not fair.

They are in the process of installing cameras in Des Moines to watch every inch of the freeway and I think these tickets will not be far behind once all the cameras are installed.

·
Move It On Over!
227 Posts
There's a story where someone who got a photo/speeding ticket sent a photo of money, and the police in turn sent a photo of some hand cuffs...... The fine was then paid.

Maybe it was one of those Turbo Mini Vans that do the 1/4 mile in the 12 second range...

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
Forkliftguy said:
Or, you could do like that guy from Alberta did: Get out of your truck with shot gun in hand and shoot at it. *******, they only nail Manitobans. He WOULD"VE been spared of any fines....:nono:
Last year I worked in Sherwood Park, Alberta. They had many photo radar units. One guy got mad and pulled up behind the van and proceeded to smash all the windows. Uh. HELLO? The vans have police radios in them. It took less than 2 minutes for the 5.0's to arrive and arrest the idiot.

That supports my theory - Criminals are stupid.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Allright, so this deserves an explanation. It was NOT ME driving the van, if it was me I woulda been dead by now.
These cameras werent set up cameras, they were like 3 guys on the sidewalk with their cameras with built in sensors, so they just aimed at the cars and saw the speeders, aimed and the camera snapped. Now they have set cameras in that place. My dad was just flowing with the traffic, going the same speed everyone else was....2 tickets in one week..ouch:pain: Chuck, Chickie and CET better watch that crossing.......

Mike

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
Nightfire said:
week..ouch:pain: Chuck, Chickie and CET better watch that crossing.......

Mike
I refuse to give my hard earned $$ to the city. I save my speeding for the strip and when I ride my bike.

There is almost always someone tail gating me anyways. If I did speed the camera could never read my plate no.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.