Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
THE NEW CHARGER

check out the pics
http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=19&article_id=8518&page_number=1

What have they done!? It looks like a 1996 Pontiac Bonneville, except uglier! The concept was so nice, and they just threw it all away. I've waited for what, 6-8 years for this car, and this is all they could come up with?? I dont think I"m alone here with my opinion. I am so unbelievably bummed about this right now, I feel all empty in side. Its like having your dog get run over on your birthday.

:pain: x infinity

·
current hot rod: CTS-V
1,821 Posts
4 DOORS??? Hard to pass total judgment on it with out pics of the rear. But 4 Doors is a styling mistake. I kind of like the front end, add two doors and taillights similar to the 68-70 Chargers and I would say it looks good. Still not even close to as cool as any 66-70 Charger.

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,453 Posts
I agree, they stubbed their toe on this one. The boxy, lead-sled look works great on the 300 and Magnum but not on a supposed muscle car, and 4 doors is unforgivable on a Charger. Chrysler was doing so well in the styling dept. too. Let's hope this body style will be a one-year issue and they will sporty it up next model year.

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Just so much BS is all.

Spiffy paint job on a box with wheels...worse than the jap crap!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Premium Member
3,519 Posts
uhhh.... there is absolutely no "sport" at all to that car! Its got a gimmik "hemi" name and a gimmik "charger" nameplate so that skinny, whimpy, middle-aged crisis men can put their kids in back and still say they drive a "charger"

Looks like somebody took a real car and beat it with an ugly stick.

K

·
Come Home Safe Soldier
846 Posts
I picked a booger that color once,when I was young of course.I dont pick my nose now.No really I dont pick it anymore!

·
Hotrodders.com Moderator
2,858 Posts
I would be embarassed to sign off as a design team on this butt ugly 4dr. piece of yunk.
The Charger will ride on the same rear-drive platform that supports the Chrysler 300-series and the Magnum
The problem is stated in the aricle, save money and make a fool of the Charger namebadge. Sad. :nono: Dan

·
Registered
150 Posts
What! Thats horrible! The older concept was better, use that one! I guess they're just trying to milk the old names to sell new cars. Sad.

·
il enforcer
75 Posts
It looks like a large neon from the back.

I don't like it but I bet many buyers will. Remember all that matters is the bottom line$$$.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts