Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
More for Less Racer
20,926 Posts
Sprint Car, Roadster, and possibly Fat Fender and Street Rod headers. Maybe a Fenderwell style.
That is, if you are wanting to go out and over the front suspension wishbone arms.

You can see Sprint and Street rod/Rat rod, and some Fenderwell styles at Schoenfeld headers, T-bucket roadster headers are all over Ebay in stainless steel, along with Fat Fender style.
Schoenfeld Headers - Schoenfeld Headers Home

Here is Fat Fender well, in stainless no less Meant to fit 1935-48 Chevy car.
If you search around you can likely find a view of installed on a engine so you can see relationship and angle. Originally Patriot's design.
EXHAUST MANIFOLD FAT FENDER WELL HEADER FOR SMALL BLOCK CHEVY 265-400 V8 | eBay
Ceramic coated
1935-1948 SBC Chevy 283-350 Fat Fenderwell Headers Ceramic BPH-1014H | eBay

This is Lakes style, also in stainless
SBC Chevy Lake Style Lakester Street Rat Rod Headers Stainless 1 5/8" Tubes | eBay

T-bucket roadster sidepipe style in stainless
For Chevy SBC V8 265-400 T-Bucket Street Rod Stainless Exhaust Header Manifold | eBay
Stainless Steel Chevy SBC 265 350 400 T-Bucket Roadster Exhaust Manifold Headers | eBay
fits Chevy Sbc 350 Classic T-Bucket Street Rod Stainless Steel Exhaust Headers | eBay

The Marvin Baumann tractor a link has been posted for in your earlier thread on this tractor conversion is a T-bucket roadster header, Sprint style tube routing.
Just like this
SPRINT ROADSTER HEADERS,T-BUCKET,SBC 265-400 V8,STAINLESS STEEL,STREET ROD | eBay

Here is a third roadster style header, called the Hi-Boy or High Boy style
NEW 1932 HI BOY HEADERS,CERAMIC HOT COATED,OVAL PORT,SBC 265-400,1 5/8",ROADSTER | eBay
They have been available in a import stainless version at a much lower cost, but I don't see any at the momont....wait a few weeks and likely the next boatload shows up if you like this style and want stainless.

Schoenfeld also has straight up pulling truck/tractor style stacks also, if that floats your boat....

Or would you prefer something to stay inboard of the suspension arms?? Going to be a bit tougher to find other than the typical shorty headers.

·
Registered
994 Posts

Click on above. Make sure you get headers that will clear straight plug SBC heads. You can mount them upside down and have twin stacks. I'd put on glass packs or header glass packs after you get sick of the loud pipes rattling your brains out.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
2.5" corvette ramhorns.
They flow great with minimal port work and will outlast the engine.

Oh and the aftermarket ones are cheap.

Someone talking about porting. They sell these already ported and have more info on their website.

Now because they point straight down the bottom of the exhaust will end up around the bottom of the oil pan. Which becomes a issue with some crossmembers. But you should be good running a 90 then going straight back staying tight to the transmission or 60 or 45 going out the sides in front of the tires after the 90 with your application.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The Ram Horn manifolds go straight down while the block hugger headers tuck in closer to the block so you would have more clearance with the axle radius rods. Learned to drive on Ford tractor in about 1950, I love it.

·
Member - AMC/Rambler "guru"
1,847 Posts
Since the rams horns go straight down in the middle I think they will work. Might have to have a slight "kink" to the inside right after the manifold, but I don't think so. The radius rods don't really move side to side -- very little even on really uneven terrain (fixed rear axle tilts entire tractor shortly after front wheels tilt... and the front axle doesn't tilt much). Other than that the block hugger headers will work, but I think the rams horns would look a lot better on the tractor... more factory and less hot-rod.

·
Registered
994 Posts

Click on above. These could work for your tractor. Or click on below, These could also work.

·
Owner of a broken cart
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Owner of a broken cart
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I thought i would try some ramshorns.
They actually fit worse than the huggers.
With the huggers, i clear the radius rods (barely, by a 1/16"), but not the steering rods.
The rams horn collector actually sits over/above the radius rods.

Id say if i want perfect, ill probably have to build a set.

Attachments

·
Registered
994 Posts

Click on above. These are rear dump shorty headers. If you swap them side for side they become front dump headers. The most room you have for exhaust dump is up front. That may work but may interfere with the mechanical fuel pump. You need straight down dump headers that exit just below the front exhaust port like I did on my LS1 powered street rod (see picture) except I kept them rear dump. OR go outside the radius rods and steering drag links like Marvin Baumann did. His are modified (extended) T Bucket headers. By now, I expect you're sick of me mentioning Marvin's work. Keep in mind, he has done this with a SBC, SBF, SB Mopar, Ford Flat Head V8, a Honda Valkyrie engine, and a Gas Turbine Turboshaft engine. He's been there and done that and his site has tons of information and pictures. Reinventing things are very costly in time and $$$. Are you having fun yet?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.