Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here it is i bought a 4oo sbc motor and what i belive to be a th400 trans both were compleatly new from gm now that i am trying to sell the trans i am being told it is a 375 not a 400 any help in the matter would be great i do not want to mislead any one so how do i tell .

·
Registered
685 Posts
what i belive is a th400

The 375 has the same size output shaft as a TH350. Meaning you could slide the yoke from a 350 onto the 375.

Or a 700R4,2004R,most,but not all powerglides,lot's of muncies,but not all,some sagnaws,th200. And some others I've forgotten.

·
Administrator
9,764 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi

this trans has a big HD on it so i was told it is a 400 heavy duty a guy looked at it today and said it has a nine inch tail shaft so that makes it a 375 and so far i have fond nothing stating that

·
Hates: Liver. Loves: Diesel
5,659 Posts
Crosley said:
most of the basic information is correct on the page.

I found this information interesting.

;)
I've emailed him several times about that little 4L80 mess but I don't think he updates that page. Funny. Wouldn't this world be such a better place if they DID make a 4L80?

Just a little addition to the thread... the 375 tranny is for all intents a purposes, a TH400. It has the long tailshaft with the smaller 350-style output, but internally its a 400. I have a couple that I run behind 600 lb-ft Caddys and there is no "weakness" in the output shafts. I've destroyed one 12-bolt and two ten-bolts, but the output shaft isn't a problem. Great tranny, run it until it explodes. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts