Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im calling it the sender assembly for the fuel tank, but im not comming up with anything. I need to replace it, but I cant find any parts stores that sell a 'sender assembly'. It has 4 gas lines, 1 to the engine, 1 return, 1 vent, 1 vapor, the sender unit is connected to it, and the fuel pump is connected to it, it goes in the the hole at the top of the tank. Is it called something else? or am i not looking in the the right places? or aggh, im just frusterated...

·
Shop Owner And Troll Hunter
2,643 Posts
Nothing complicated about it. If the parts store does not know what you are trying to tell them, then he does not need the sale.

Just tell any competent parts man that you want a fuel gauge sending unit.

Troy

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Take the old one out and show it to the counter person at your local NAPA store/I am in no way affiliated with NAPA/disclaimer. Some of their books actually have pictures to match up the parts to.

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you are dealing with a parts house that can't, with a few checks with his reference materials or a quick call to their company tech support, tell you if they can provide the part, it's time to leave and find a different parts house. Just for fun, ask them if they can order a set of muffler bearings for the same car before you leave!
fwiw, a fuel tank sending unit / assembly could very well be a dealer only item. Some Ford and Mazda vehicles use an assembly which includes the sender, pump and sock. The pump only is available aftermarket so if you need only the sending unit and float, the dealer nails you for the pump too, big $$.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.